Gransnet forums

House and home

I need a new cooker so advice needed please

(28 Posts)
Grammaretto Sat 02-Oct-21 10:31:07

Earlier this year my gas Rayburn was condemned and I have so far been advised
A) gas is being phased out so go for electric.
B) it's possible to convert a Rayburn or Aga to electricity, but it is v expensive (£2k) and not v economical to run, also it won't heat the water so no special advantages or are there?.
C) I've been offered a 2nd hand Leisure range with gas hob and electric ovens - huge and it's only for me.
D) a friend doing the same research says they bought a Bosch freestanding electric cooker. Possibly induction.
E) I haven't enough power for an electric cooker so will have to have new wiring.
It is a minefield once you start looking.
Help please!
Meanwhile I have been managing for months with one electric ring, a microwave and a kettle but winter is approaching and the kitchen is cold.

Georgesgran Wed 07-Oct-26 13:01:59

REPORTED as it’s an advert for an American product.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 07-Oct-26 13:37:16

Oh, GN is a dangerous place. I have long had a yen for an Everhot, and now you've tempted me with the second hand option.