Gransnet forums

House and home

Feather Dusters

(31 Posts)
kittylester Sat 09-Oct-21 14:22:03

I use a thing on a stick which I can wash but I also have a proper feather duster for foungbround ornaments and house plants. phoenix had a thread about it!!

DiscoGran Sat 09-Oct-21 13:39:23

Don't leave your fluffy duster where your naughty pup can find it though, that's all I'm saying! Naughty boy! ?

Hetty58 Sat 09-Oct-21 13:35:32

I have an ostrich feather one (yes, I'm vegan, but it was a gift) and it's very good for dust on ceilings, curtain tops, light fittings and picture rails. I just sweep lightly with it, as I'm sure that real pressure would break it. I turn it upside down and tap the dust out.

For cobwebs, though, I use a damp floor mop - and twist it around as I go.

lemongrove Sat 09-Oct-21 13:29:28

Yes, I use the Pledge duster, it’s wonderful! However if you have high ceilings go for a very long feather duster, you can't beat them for clearing webs in corners.

DiscoGran Sat 09-Oct-21 13:24:01

I use a fluffy duster, think it is made by Pledge. A plastic gizmo, with disposable fluffy attachments. Very effective.

OldHag Sat 09-Oct-21 12:46:50

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice on feather dusters, I've tried various of the extending handled, modern so called 'feather dusters', which are made of anything everything except feathers, and tend to get matted up, and horrible after using a few times. I'm now thinking of trying a REAL feather duster, but never having bought one, or even used one before, don't know whether they are any better than the man made versions, whether the feathers fall out, etc. Do you Grans have any thoughts on this subject, or indeed recommendations as to the best type to buy?