The problem is that there is little on the market to suit older people. In fact, there is little on the market at all except new builds and much as I like children in small doses most in our road have grown up and moved away. New builds would probably be bought by young families.
Some may not necessarily want a bungalow but many do and it's very rare that any are built now.
A friend moved from a 4 bedroom house to a small bungalow and warned "don't downsize too much if you want your own space. You can't get away from each other". (She did love her DH but I know what she meant.)
Good Morning Wednesday 7th October 2026
Mum's 90th birthday bash coming up
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.


absolutely well done, that first important step to letting go