Lowering my thermostat has made quite a big difference to the number of gas units (m cubed) that I have used this month, compared to the same month last year. 22 units less ie 26 now and 48 then. Downstairs thermostat is 19, it was 21 last year. I don`t heat hall and utility. Living and dining areas are actually warmer than that when the sun shines. Upstairs is also 19 with 18 through the night. I will blast the heating on for a short time upstairs for a shower but the ensuite radiator (master rad) heats up very quickly and 15 minutes is enough
I made an effort and am happy to say that my body has adapted fine, I do wear wool and tights but not multi layers apart from perhaps a camisole plus a petticoat with a small throw over my knees at times.
It is really nice to see the actual results today. I am expecting an online bill later or tomorrow, I am sure it won`t be less than this time last year due to the cost increase
Words of wisdom from literary gransnetters
No good reason still to vote Tory
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.



