Gransnet forums

House and home

Delay on Neff oven

(3 Posts)
Optomistic1 Sun 31-Jul-22 18:47:00

Hi

Firstly I know this issue is trivial compared with what else is going on in the world but I have worked hard all my life and am having a new kitchen next month. I knew when I ordered it back in April that there was a problem with the supply of all Neff/Bosch ovens but thought that after 6 months it would be resolved.
However it isn’t and my kitchen fitter can give me no idea when my Neff oven will be delivered. It’s not her fault atall.

My options are buy a very cheap oven and just wait for the Neff one but it is likely to be 2023 ( how are Neff surviving??) or do I look for a different brand but that then means a new hob and hood …..

I’ve looked at Miele ( very expensive but available ) and AEG.

I can not be the only person going through this at present. What are others doing?

Any constructive advice very welcome - esp of other brands that you like

Thanks

Spice101 Mon 01-Aug-22 01:16:35

Not in the UK but I have just been through something similar. We needed a new stove and the one I liked had no available supply date other than it will be after September". After much consideration I decided to go with another brand which was available immediately. Mine is a freestanding so no need for a new hob etc. Don't know if you can get them there but mine is a fisher and Paykel, a brand that I have been very happy with over a long time.

Why would you need to buy a new hob and hood if you get a different brand?

Cheeseplantmad Mon 01-Aug-22 03:27:05

I live in the U.K. and just checked Neff ovens , they are in stock and can one delivered free from Curry’s by this Thursday .?