Gransnet forums

House and home

Which juicer should I buy

(8 Posts)
Shinamae Sat 06-Aug-22 11:31:52

This is mine, not as expensive as the others mentioned but does the job..

Grantanow Sat 06-Aug-22 11:28:08

We used to have a juicer but it was a real fag washing all the parts. Also juice is concentrated sugar which is bad for you. Much better to eat fruit for its fibre content and you eat less sugar that way.

Babs758 Sat 06-Aug-22 11:19:23

www.nisbets.co.uk/waring-juicer/ce380

Babs758 Sat 06-Aug-22 11:17:08

We have a Waring one bought from Nisbets. Easy to use and clean and quiet too. Not cheap but it was a special present. Should last for years. Love carrot, apple, lime and ginger. Getting used to beetroot mixes . Celery works well too.

karmalady Fri 05-Aug-22 14:29:39

this is my actual juicer

www.juicers.co.uk/omega-vsj843r-vertical-slow-juicer-in-silver/

prep for it is easy, relaxing in fact

karmalady Fri 05-Aug-22 14:15:50

I have been juicing since the 70s and used to have a greenstar juicer, it was very big with twin gears and I had to let it go when we moved. I bought an omega slow juicer, it is vertical and has a much smaller footprint and Icontinue to make juice. My last juice this week was cucumber, carrot, beetroot, celery and lemon. It lasts for three days in the fridge, I put it into small bottles, one a day for me

Washing is so easy, I just pour clean water into the top, do it twice and then all it needs is a quick rinse

Slow juicing is very very good and retains all the enzymes

It makes all sorts of juices eg brocolli, cabbage etc. I never juice fruit apart from the (excess) cucs and lemons.

Ginny42 Fri 05-Aug-22 14:02:39

I'd love one too grannyscott, so will follow your thread with interest. My DD has an excellent one but there are soooo many parts to wash after use, it puts me off buying one.

grannyscott Fri 05-Aug-22 13:52:41

I’m trying to buy a juicer but there is so much information that I’m getting confused. I think I want a slow digester one but one that’s definitely easy to clean. Any suggestions?