Gransnet forums

House and home

Green duvet cover

(36 Posts)
GagaJo Wed 28-Sep-22 21:58:36

I've been on the hunt for a duvet cover. Started in physical shops (found one I vaguely liked-ish in M&S) and then went online.

I've looked at hundreds. Literally. Finally found one I liked. £240. ???? I'm happy to pay quite a bit (I almost never buy myself anything) but I balk at that price.

GagaJo Thu 29-Sep-22 11:46:37

Problem is, I don't like any of the ones I've seen. I've always liked the colour green, but because it's a less popular colour, there is less green fabric available (used to do a fair bit of sewing of my own clothes) and had this problem then.

I see lots in other colours that I like but I'm quite minimalist in my tastes, so don't want to add any other colours.

I guess this is going to turn into the eternal search that I do whenever I'm at a loose end. If I find a pale grey patterned duvet cover I like, I might dye it myself.

Jaxjacky Thu 29-Sep-22 12:08:14

Have a look at Joe Brown’s Gaga
www.joebrowns.co.uk/sloe-joes-serene-green-bedding-zb120#colour=613

Joseanne Thu 29-Sep-22 12:14:41

I might dye it myself.
I'm about to try this with a white muslin cotton duvet cover I bought in the sale for £80. ?

GagaJo Thu 29-Sep-22 12:58:12

This is the coveted one (forest green).

www.pigletinbed.com/products/mix-match-linen-bedtime-bundle

It isn't just the colour, it's the texture of the fabric too.

I don't mind a pattern, but I'm very picky about what I like. Mostly I prefer no pattern, but my current duvet is a monotone grey/white large pattern. But I'm so over the grey.

Esmay Thu 29-Sep-22 14:49:48

Had a look .
I also love this expensive duvet cover .
I prefer plain to printed and love textures .
Plus green .
15% off - if you sign up for a newsletter .

In the past , I've been persuaded to buy cheaper and deeply regretted it .

A couple of years ago I need a really beautiful dress for a wedding , a party and to go on an important dinner .
Nothing in my wardrobe fitted .
I frantically dieted .
I'd put on weight due to recurrent illness ,
lack of exercise and poor diet plus steroids .

Listening to friends and family - I bought a cheaper outfit .
It looked awful .
It didn't fit .
I spent a day tearfully altering it .
It didn't flatter me .
I felt that it wasn't me .
Demoralised , I bought another cheap outfit in a rush and with another well meaning friend and it wasn't a success either .
So I ended up buying the outfit that I originally had set my heart on .

I longer consult anyone about my purchases .
They have an entirely different set of criteria .

Kalu Thu 29-Sep-22 15:03:39

I have googled piglet in bed sale and a company named Genie are selling the Forrest green cover for £99.

DaisyAnne Thu 29-Sep-22 15:12:53

GagaJo

It's linen. Not that I knew that when I found it. I just liked it and checked the price/info afterwards.

I don't really have a preference Louisa1523, although I think I'm leaning towards not too dark.

It might help if you showed a picture of the one you liked.

Jaxjacky Thu 29-Sep-22 16:14:25

DaisyAnne she did at 12:58 today?

NotSpaghetti Thu 29-Sep-22 20:27:18

www.secretlinenstore.com/bed-linen/collections?colour%5B%5D=green&fabric%5B%5D=100-linen&order=ordering+asc%2C+postDate+desc&limit=18&categoryLanding=100-linen

These are discounted linens.
Might suit?

NotSpaghetti Thu 29-Sep-22 20:31:23

Might also try:
They have several linen ranges at the moment - and a discount code and a sale...

www.bedeckhome.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwhNWZBhB_EiwAPzlhNjDAK8sVUTcn_izI0AIQIandP5sl_frY4hBzxEXKZNVy75KsNNk1CBoC7KcQAvD_BwE