Gransnet forums

House and home

Dealing with energy suppliers

(29 Posts)
GrannySomerset Mon 10-Oct-22 13:36:49

I have spent a total of two and a half hours on the phone to Ovo (once I had tracked down a phone number) trying to find out why they think I owe them more than £4000 for energy from June - September for my gas use. As one elderly lady who has not had the heating on it seems like very expensive hot water and occasional use of the hob! I have sent them photographs of today’s meter readings and of my bank statement proving that I paid SSE for my use to the beginning of June, when my account was transferred to Ovo.

Haas anyone else had a problem like this? I am still waiting for a smart meter, booked for early September and cancelled on the day, and am frustrated beyond belief. Doing my blood pressure no good!

Franbern Thu 20-Oct-22 13:50:48

Razz just checked my EDF (Fixed rate until January next year) and gas is 3.128per kwh with a daily standing charge of 28.08p

NotAGran55 Thu 20-Oct-22 16:01:49

Razzamatazz

We are with British Gas our our fixed rate that ended on 30.4.22 was 3.276kwh and 25.321 standing charge.
Paid by variable DD monthly.

Razzamatazz Thu 20-Oct-22 17:37:10

Thanks Franbern and NotAGran55, I'm glad you are enjoying similar prices. Her daily charge is 24.87p. I'm paying 8.31p per kwh for my gas with Octopus on a fix, my daily charge is 26.10p. I'll help her when her fix ends, she's on a good deal.