My best quality sheets have been stained with blood.
I sprayed initially with vinegar which spread the blood and washed the sheets after which left them just the same. I then soaked them in bleach washed after this didn't make any difference. After this I used a product which said whitener with stain removal powder, that didn't work either. Any ideas.
For small blood stains that are still wet, spit does work but it has to be from the same human as the blood. I've just re-upholstered a chair and whilst smoothing the seat I caught my finger on something and left a large smear of blood right across it. I was told by tutor to spit on a small piece of the fabric and dab the stain away. It worked but just don't do it after drinking coffee or you have something else to remove. I think your stain is set, so annoying I've lost count of how many sheets I've got blood on because of being on blood thinners, just don't use the sheets for visitors.
I an always having nosebleeds often at night. I always soak in cold water and rub washing up liquid into stain, it always works. Never put in hot water that just sets the stain.
i use neat washing up liquid on most stains; leave it a while, then work in with vinyl gloved fingers, and wasj with the rest. it usually works. but not sure about blood. and as you have now washed the sheets... i think you'll have to write them off as best. think of an alternative use. it's only money, not a disaster. annoying though.
Bleach does work on whites. Put a few drops of neat bleach on the stain and then straight into the washer. Only put other whites in with it. It should come out clean. I’ve got the same problem with a very good quality cream sheet. It’s only a drop so can be ignored, but it annoys me. Obviously I can’t use bleach but I used biological washing liquid and vanish powder, but it’s still there. Hanging in the sun didn’t make any difference, but it does on any tomato based stains. It’s brilliant on anything with a tomato base, soup, pasta sauce, ketchup etc.
As an alternative to binning them, I would prepare the machine, so it's ready to start immediately, then pour neat bleach onto the stain. (Working from the outside, inwards, so the stain doesn't spread)
Bundle it quickly into the machine, with other 'whites', cross fingers, and wait for the magic to happen.
For what it's worth - small specks of blood disappear if you spit on them! I don't know if the blood and spit have to come from the same donor. My experience comes from pricking my finger whilst sewing - it really does work
My mother taught us to always put knickers, sheets,handkerchiefs anything with blood on into a salt and cold water solution right away. They were left overnight if possible then next day put in the old gas boiler with Persil and after stirring a couple of times giving a good boil out they came spotless clean. I’ve done most of this apart from the boil just a hot wash over the years and it still seems to work.
What I did was sponge with cold water and a small bit of vanish , but that won’t work now you’ve washed them My mum used to put her linen on the lawn in the sun , if we ever get sun you could try that