I can Kim19. My gas meter is at the back of the cupboard under the stairs and reading it means taking half the contents out - it is the broom cupboard, etting down on the floor, with a torch, reaching in to press buttons, trying to write it down, thn crawl out of cupboard, put everything back in.
The eectricity meter, a smart meter is outside at the back and requires the use of a clumsy plastic key, except as it is the smart meter it sends the reading in automatically, so I do not have to fiddle with it, nor need I go outside in the rain.
I check my bill when it comes, sitting in comfort at my desk and can immediately see whether the bill has jumped as I have been tracking my quarterly, now monthly, consumption on a spread sheet for over 20 years.
Good Morning Tuesday 6th October 2026
The Greens say they want Israel to be 'replaced' with one state.


