Just before Christmas, I decided that we were going to get rid of our Christmas Tree, which had lived life in the back of a wardrobe for over 10 years ! ( long story but when DD2 came back home to live, she brought her doggie , and I never put the tree up incase he decided to "relieve" himself on it). I walked just round the corner to where a person I know had just opened up a charity shop, she said she would be delighted to accept anything I had, I told her that some of it might be "tat", but she had an answer to that too, boxes outside the shop which said FREE TO TAKE, she said she sometimes had to refill them a couple of times a day.
So we trundled round to the shop, Christmas Tree in a huge holdall, old suitcase (only thing wrong with it, was a broken handle on the side, but it had wheels) full of decorations, some almost brand new, I kept the things that children/grandchildren had made at school, they are parceled up, living now under the bed, marked, when we are gone "do what you like with these". other visits to her with CD's, DVD's even old books, some way over 40 years old.
Can't say the house feels much de-cluttered, but a start has been made !!!!