Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Talk Talk I am very annoyed

(14 Posts)
jeanie99 Fri 17-Jul-15 14:47:15

I've just received my latest bill and noticed that I am now being charged for 0845 numbers which were included in my package last month and have been since I have been with TT.

When I queried this I was informed by this very arrogant young man that they had e-mail me to say the changes were coming in and that I had 30 days to respond.

I don't remember receiving the email and when I asked if he would send me a copy he said he couldn't.

My contract runs out in July 2016 so have a full year but I shall definitely be doing some comparisons come next year.

My family only have mobile phones and this package includes mobiles, so I will have to see which others do otherwise I'll end up paying more.

At to get it off my chest.

GillT57 Fri 17-Jul-15 14:57:56

Talktalk have a dreadful reputation for customer service, they sell you packages, tie you in and then dont want to know. Just get out of the contract when you can.

vampirequeen Fri 17-Jul-15 18:16:13

I agree with GillT57 but also put in a formal complaint regarding the attitude of the young man.

rubylady Sat 18-Jul-15 13:57:30

I'm with Talk Talk for phone and internet and have always found the customer service people very accommodating in what I want to know, change or do regarding my package. smile

Nelliemoser Sat 18-Jul-15 14:21:10

My OH swapped back to Talk Talk broadband and phone service a few years ago after getting really bad reception from BT.
It seems that Talk Talk never deleted the record of the old contract and for some reason the new direct debit OH set up to pay for the services was not accepted by Talk Talk so the payment did not go through and they cut us off.

After lots of attempts to ring them and never being able to speak to the same person twice, the classic call center model, I suggested OH put everything in Emails instead so we had a recored and insisted that he had contact with a named person. Only then was it eventually sorted.

To be fair the service we now is good, very few disruptions in the broadband serives and the speed is good. We get phones and television extras as well.

AshTree Sat 18-Jul-15 18:47:57

I was with Tiscali, which was taken over by TalkTalk. God, what a pain in the butt they were! I was already out of contract when they took over my account, so they were continually ringing me up to tell me about their latest 'offers'. Of course, to get one of these offers I would have to sign up to a new 12 or 24 month contract, so I always said no. But by golly, was it difficult to get them off the phone. I told them I would NEVER take out a new contract and asked them to make a note on my account to this effect (of course I didn't really expect they would). After that every time they rang I just said 'No' and put the phone down before they got off the starting blocks.
Before long we added broadband to our Sky package and have had no problems with them at all.

boheminan Sat 18-Jul-15 22:23:00

TalkTalk's a nightmare. I can't get through to them that I don't have a television, so only want to sign up for broadband/landline. They would not believe I don't have and don't want a tv, and were curious to know how I managed without one.

I spent over an hour being passed from pillar to post and finally managed to get a new 'package' for just broadband and landline - however they insisted on sending me some sort of huge box thing for the television I don't have (I have no idea what is is). I argued until I was blue in the face that I didn't need it because I don't have a tv. Three days later it arrived by post and is now stuck in the glory hole under the stairs, gathering dust - along with router No.2 they insisted on giving/sending me - I kept telling them I was quite happy with the router they sent me a year ago, but they still sent it.

It's mind boggling how much money the company are throwing down the drain by stringently complying with their policies and sending out equipment customers really don't need/want confused

Luckylegs9 Tue 28-Jul-15 06:09:12

It could have been me writing this list. They, talktalk, did exactly the same to me about 0845 numbers and have reduced me to tears. My contract ends in a few days, I have tried comparison sites, but the trouble is I am so nervous about going anywhere else and setting up the new router etc. From what I have heard all companies have their problems. Once in a contract with TalkTalk you find that your call plan keeps increasing.

Anya Tue 28-Jul-15 06:41:52

All companies do have problems but I can safely say, from past experience, that Talk Talk is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

AshTree Tue 28-Jul-15 09:10:09

Luckylegs please don't let your nervousness about changing, setting up the router and so on, stop you getting away from talktalk. They really are the worst internet provider ever.
Any company you choose to go with will help you with the router setup - you'll be able to call a helpline number and they'll talk you through it if you have any problems. You will be so pleased you did it. Good luck flowers

boheminan Tue 28-Jul-15 09:58:13

AshTree. I'm in a similar situation to Luckylegs and have had enough of the TT carrot - in the case of complaint, a 'Bigger, Better, Cheaper Plan' being offered. At one point I was paying over £10 a month without making any landline calls (that's after paying the phone rental upfront previously) so basically paying c£10 for...nothingconfused.

A huge problem for me is that the engineers are based in Delhi and I personally find them extremely difficult to understand (that's not being racist, it's just a fact). However, like Luckylegs I'm very anxious about changing my provider in case I fall into a similar trap.

I note from above, that a few GN'rs feel TT is terrible and advise changing. Can anyone recommend a good provider that it would be easy-peasy to change to?

Luckygirl Tue 28-Jul-15 10:01:31

We ditched TT in favour of Phone Coop.

Littleanne Sun 16-Aug-15 16:27:03

Hi I'm with Virgin media.I can honestly say they're very good and they are very competitive I would not recommend Bt don't know much about talk talk
Anne

elisagrace Mon 25-Apr-16 06:54:36

Hi jeanie99,

Have you brought this matter before concerned officials of TalkTalk. If not then you must have a talk with them. Till the solution of the problem you can change your mobile plan that is somewhat cheap then your present plan. You have to do nothing but just follow below mentioned process:-

Go to My Account where you’ll be able to change your plan in the Manage your Mobile section. Whilst you’re there you’ll also be able to adjust your plan.For this you can even contact to TalkTalk customer service here qwikfix.co.uk/talktalk-customer-services/