Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Car Problems - Help!

(12 Posts)
NanaPlenty Sat 15-Dec-18 06:35:46

I have a Ford B Max that I've had for a year and have had continuing problems with. The clutch pack was replaced under a recall while the car was still in warranty a few months ago. This has failed and the dealership are now telling me there is no guarantee on the clutch pack (despite telling me there is a years guarantee on new parts whe. It was fitted) - I want to complain at a high level. Does anyone else have any experience like this / have contact details for the head of Ford? Any help would be much appreciated this is causing a lot of anxiety and problems I really don't need. Thanks everyone.

cornergran Sat 15-Dec-18 08:16:40

Sorry, can’t provide contact details but it seems Facebook and Twitter get results if you, a friend or family member use either or both of them. Otherwise try a Google search for Ford complaints, you may well find a customer group and can read how others have managed. CAB could also help. I also would expect something fitted after a recall to come with a warranty. Good luck with it, common sense would say you are right.

ninathenana Sat 15-Dec-18 09:13:37

Try [email protected]

This is what comes up as point of contact if you have no joy solving a problem with your local dealership

MawBroon Sat 15-Dec-18 09:15:17

You could also try “Honest John” at the (Saturday ) Daily Telegraph. I will post the email address when I can find it. He is very helpful.

MawBroon Sat 15-Dec-18 09:17:42

Found it

mailto:[email protected]/

Luckygirl Sat 15-Dec-18 09:19:26

Just google CEO of Ford.

I contacted CEO of Tesco and got a full refund.

Luckygirl Sat 15-Dec-18 09:20:21

Or get onto their Twitter feed of Facebook page and spread the word - companies hate that and tend to get on the case pretty quickly.

Bopeep14 Sat 15-Dec-18 12:24:41

Don't deal with the dealership go straight to ford customer care. A relative of mine her engine went and got nowhere with the dealership but complained to ford customer care and got a new engine. Hope this helps.

Teacheranne Sat 15-Dec-18 13:43:39

According to my daughter, who works in online advertising, all large companies monitor Facebook and give these employees a large budget to use to sort out problems - more budget that customer services operatives have.

My daughter managed to get Virgin to change my flights to the US (which were non refundable ones) when I was unable to fly for family reasons. They were business class so too expensive for me to rebook. She told them the truth in a humorous way and was able to deal directly with a senior manager who arranged the new tickets - at no cost to me despite being a more expensive date and there was a large box of chocolates waiting for me on my seat!

So try the Ford website and explain what's has happened without being aggressive and ask for their help, you might be surprised how quickly they respond as they do not want any complaints to go viral.

I had success when I contacted the CEO of a company recently, I was given a contact at head office who phones me weekly until the issue was resolved.

Teacheranne Sat 15-Dec-18 13:44:17

Sorry, meant try the Ford Facebook page, not the website.

petra Sat 15-Dec-18 14:07:42

My Son in law manges an Audi dealership. Bad feedback is taken very seriously. This is all factored into their bonuses

jenpax Sat 15-Dec-18 14:10:32

Citizens advice have a dedicated consumer law line which I suggest you call just google citizensadvice.org.uk and follow the link