Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Have decided to download apps to block my card temporarily

(3 Posts)
bikergran Wed 20-Feb-19 16:20:18

Few months ago I lost my card (well it wasn't lost I had dropped it) in the canteen at work, kind person brought it straight back to me (our security guard ) smile

So I have now decided to download the apps for my various banks, not to do online banking from my phone but just in case I loose or mislay my card, you can temp block of freeze your card until you come across it or if not in which case you can cancel it from your phone.

Anyone else do or have done this.?

muffinthemoo Wed 20-Feb-19 16:33:04

YES! And it came in super handy the other week when I thought I must have left my purse at the supermarket only to find it tidily put away in the toy kitchen hmm

Let me lock my card whilst I looked for it and unlock it when I found it, without all the drama of having the card reissued. Magic

bikergran Wed 20-Feb-19 16:40:19

Yes muffin its great, I only heard about it a few months ago with the add on tv the woman's on a bus and she cant find her card(you know it's there in the bottom of your handbag or coat pocket) only thing is I need to change password etc cos mine is complicated and I wouldn't have it on me hmm