Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Good interest rate

(8 Posts)
Lindylou23 Thu 18-Jul-19 08:14:25

I have had a letter from my Building Society stating that my ISA interest rate is going down. I need to reinvest this money and not sure what to do. I have looked into Bonds but there is a risk with the money.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jul-19 08:20:45

A friend of mine is getting 2.2% interest from a Royal Bank of Scotland savings account but I have no idea what the conditions are to achieve that amount.

janeainsworth Thu 18-Jul-19 08:22:48

It depends how much money you’re talking about and how easily you need to access it.

If you want instant access, and no risk, you won’t get a brilliant rate.

If you’re talking about an appreciable sum it’s worth consulting an independent financial advisor.

M0nica Thu 18-Jul-19 21:17:26

The Mail on Sunday always has a table in its financial section comparing the rates offered by different banks, building societies etc etc. and giving you the best offers.

None of us here is qualified, that I know of, to give advice on where to invest your money.

EllanVannin Thu 18-Jul-19 22:29:24

Only the long-term investments will yield anything worthwhile----starting with 5 year ones.

mumofmadboys Fri 19-Jul-19 00:40:41

Moneysupermarket is very informative re interest rates.

Cabbie21 Sun 21-Jul-19 08:55:38

Several banks give interest on current accounts, or have linked Regular Savers at 5%.

Charleygirl5 Sun 21-Jul-19 09:07:24

Cabbie I agree but there is only a limited amount of money one is allowed to invest and with some, it is £250 a month.