Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Internet banking - access problems.

(13 Posts)
Chestnut Tue 21-Apr-20 17:56:28

Leave it until tomorrow and try again. I got onto Barclays fine on Sunday. I'm sure all websites are struggling at times, I couldn't get into Gransnet this morning!

Cabbie21 Tue 21-Apr-20 17:52:16

The internet crashed on me today when I was in the middle of transferring an ISA. I hope the i tree rest rate hasn’t decreased by tomorrow!

annsixty Tue 21-Apr-20 16:01:47

I nearly lost my Sainsbury’s slot because the bank page to verify wouldn’t work.
Eventually with little time to spare it went through, this was Lloyd’s.
My S who also banks with them was shut out for a couple of days whilst I could use my online banking.
It seems random.

Missedout Tue 21-Apr-20 15:41:47

I tried to pay for my online supermarket trolley having secured a delivery slot (rare as hens' teeth) last Friday. My payment was refused (NatWest). I was so stressed in case it all timed out. Finally got through to the fraud team, they didn't give an explanation but told me to give it 10 minutes and try again. It was 20 minutes before I could confirm my order. I'm guessing the banking system is struggling with a massive increase in online banking.

Dinahmo Mon 20-Apr-20 17:35:57

I've had the same problem since Friday, but with Lloyds and have been on the help line several times since then. One problem, I think, is that some of the staff have been drafted in and aren't used to working on the help lines. I was finally successful today, after restarting my computer and using a different browser. Subsequently I deleted the cookies on my computer, as advised. You need to be careful when deleting because you may lose some favourites.

michellestoclet Wed 01-Apr-20 14:42:58

Happened to me before, I'd say to call them and reset your pin before you get locked out!

SpringyChicken Fri 27-Mar-20 20:31:26

Barclays must be having some issues. My friend could not pay her credit card bill today. She went into the bank during her exercise walk.

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 19:34:33

My bugbear us with advisors working from home.
I have just finished a very stressful call with an M&S advisor, not only was I trying to decipher the accent but the call quality was abysmal.
I thought about the possibility of her working from home which was confirmed when I asked her if she could use another headset as the background noise was dreadful.
Never again.
I'm glad that people have the opportunity to work but the home environment, if disturbed by children or other household noise, can make it a nightmare for the caller.
Halifax, another bank I do business with, have emailed that my account going forward (from June 11th) will require a deposit of £5000 plus a monthly amount of £1500 to fulfill the criteria. The balance of £5000 has to be sitting in the account at the end of every day of the month.
This is a doubling of the agreement we reached only 2 months ago and a halving of any reward yet the same bank is letting customers with an overdraft have a higher limit with no charges.
That just doesn't compute in my book and I will be moving to another bank. angry

Granny23 Wed 25-Mar-20 10:55:14

I need to sell some of DH's investments urgently to pay his care home fees, but have been frozen out of his investment account because they will not accept the version of my POA that I have sent them (this is because it is a Scottish one i.e. health and financial combined and their system will only accept an English version.) I have tried endlessly to phone, can't get through, Online Help has been as much use as a chocolate fireguard. As a stop gap I have transferred enough to cover this month's fees from my current account to DH's account, going into overdraft for the first time ever.

twinnytwin Wed 25-Mar-20 10:50:37

I've just got into my Barclays account no problem. Good luck.

boheminan Wed 25-Mar-20 10:48:28

Yes, I was on the phone for 2 hours on Friday to TSB for the same problem (password not being accepted). After all that I am still barred from my account and will have to try and phone them again today.

tanith Wed 25-Mar-20 10:41:33

I think it’s just the internet being a bit overwhelmed could you phone instead?

shysal Wed 25-Mar-20 10:35:45

I tried to access my Barclays account this morning but, despite me being sure I have put in the correct details, it has rejected me twice. I am scared to try again as I shall then be frozen out. Has anyone else had problems this morning?