Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Stocks & Shares ISA versus Fund Account

(7 Posts)
Brahumbug Mon 13-Jul-20 22:28:49

I have an investment sticks and shares ISA with Nutmeg. Easy to use with low charges and you can select the level of risk that you are comfortable with.

jeanie99 Wed 01-Jul-20 03:05:46

You need good advice if committing funds to stocks and shares if you have no understanding of how the funds work.
I'm sure I read somewhere that dividends are not being paid in some funds due to the virus.
There is always a risk so you need to decide if you are low, medium or a high risk taker.

MawB Sun 28-Jun-20 14:28:02

Sock under the bed is probably no worse than any. ? £$€

Davidhs Sun 28-Jun-20 14:02:54

It all depends on your risk anxiety, stocks and shares are low a present, who knows if they will go lower, on the other hand you have to buy at some time if you are going to benefit. Over the long term, 5 yrs plus they should make a return but no guarantees.

If you only want low risk tell your advisor and he will recommend appropriate investments.

mumofmadboys Sun 28-Jun-20 12:55:10

It is probably a good time to buy stocks and shares as they will be lower in price I understand but I know little about it! Maybe do it through a financial advisor ??

Wibby Sun 28-Jun-20 11:37:36

I personally wouldnt risk losing my capital in stocks and shares especially with whats going on around us. I would want something that isnt a risk with interest. Have you looked at fixed rate bonds? I have them you can choose how long you want them for and have the interest paid into your bank account ( HSBC) each month, I do it that way as it boosts my monthly pension a bit. I do yearly ones so my money isnt tied up.

Debutante Mon 22-Jun-20 09:28:34

Hi All
Anyone with experience of investing please? What with the way the interest rates are going I’m thinking I need to try something else. Since my income isn’t enough to have to worry about tax I’m thinking a Stocks & Shares Isa may not be the right product for me. I was looking on the Hargreaves & Lansdowne website and specifically at their Funds accounts, there are several options and it all looks a bit daunting. Can anyone give me any advice please? I would be most grateful ....