Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Post office farce

(104 Posts)
H1954 Fri 23-Apr-21 12:41:03

Good evening just heard the announcement on the news that the charges against Post masters and Mistresses accused and sentenced to prison terms for defrauding the Post Office have been quashed, and about time too!
This was just a case of the Big Boys blaming innocent people for a flawed computer system that they said "couldn't possibly be wrong"!
I hope all those charged received adequate recompense for the way they were treated.

Grammaretto Tue 27-Apr-21 08:46:31

I can't believe it has taken so long but surely at least now with all the publicity, some form of justice and recompense can be meted out.
My initial shock was on hearing that each sub postmaster/mistress was told they were the only one whose books didn't balance... It could never be the fault of the computer....
If only the wronged could have got together early on.
Some stupid and cruel people exist, sadly, who cannot admit fault or take responsibility.

suziewoozie Tue 27-Apr-21 09:12:40

Good to hear Sarnia

Jennerdysphoria Wed 28-Apr-21 23:03:03

Nick Wallis, who did the Panorama and Radio 4 programmes about the Post Office Scandal, has a crowdfunding site to enable him to continue the campaign at store29806256.company.site/