I have had bank accounts in three different banks with branches in my town. Each time the staff have been very helpful and I always went inside the bank to get money from the ATM and they got to know me, and my usual ways of using the bank. I would give them advance warning of plans to change the car or if I was buying something a lot more than my usual amount. I chose to change each time a bank closed its branch, as previously there had once been a problem and it took me nearly 40 minutes to be answered by the fraud line. As it happened it was sorted, but I had visions of my account being emptied by the time the phone was answered. So then I knew I could literally drive to the branch in less than 5 minutes , should the need arise.
Now they have all closed and there is only a once a week hub for each bank, so we are getting a lesser service anyway.
My son does a lot of travelling and tends to live on his phone of course. But we have an arrangement if ever I am unsure that it is definitely him sending a text or wanting me to get him some money in a hurry. He has a name that is not on his birth certificate, nor driving license or any other document. So I can text and ask what is your name, and if the answer is one from his birth certificate given, then I know not to trust it. I have a family name from back in my mothers side, which he also can ask me for, if he sees anything at all suspicious. I think this is useful, and we do not use either of these names in any other passwords or documents. I have been careful never to use birthdays or pets names etc , but it really is a hassle now to get your own money out of your bank, It is a case of best bit or scalded, as either the banks are blamed for not checking , or complained about making it so difficult to get your money when you want it!
Does how a safety device looks put your parent off wearing it?


