Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Gazundering in house sales

(53 Posts)
fancythat Tue 04-Aug-26 09:41:51

Surveys are done at the wrong time in the whole process. In my opinion.

Fallingstar Tue 04-Aug-26 09:41:30

As it says in the article this is down to a very weak market at the moment and I can believe that. Even here in London properties for sale are sticking, there are no more bidding wars with properties sold within a matter of days, now properties are still for sale many months later.
I imagine this is down to a hike in stamp duty that Starmer rubber stamped early in his tenure as PM, the cost of the living crisis, and hikes in the cost of getting work done on a property as well as Landlords saturating the market with rentals for sale, again down to Starmer’s legislation.
Personally I would balk at doing this under any circumstances, if we couldn’t make the agreed price for a property we would just not go for it. Is a horrible practice.

NittWitt Tue 04-Aug-26 09:33:12

A problem in England, Wales and N Ireland, but not Scotland, because of different law.
Gazundering - when a buyer suddenly reduces their offer just before a house sale goes through.
Seemingly most sellers accept it and then gazunder the next person in the chain.
I hope I'd be stubborn enough to refuse, if I was in that situation.

uk.yahoo.com/news/rampant-rise-gazundering-homebuyers-cutting-050047274.html


uk.yahoo.com/news/rampant-rise-gazundering-homebuyers-cutting-050047274.html