I downloaded the Lloyds app a few weeks ago in readiness. Then a couple of weekends ago I decided to try and see if the changeover was ‘live’ as the opening page to the Halifax app was indicating with an arrow about the forthcoming changeover.
I hadn’t received the email but clicked on the Lloyds app- which was obviously expecting me 😂 as it stated something along the lines of completing the changeover, so I followed the v basic instructions figuring it might be less busy to do it early rather than wait until the email arrived/ or October (5th being when Halifax banking ceases). As has been said above thread, very easy and seamless to do. All accounts/ DD’s payments pending/apple pay etc transferred across in seconds.
Not expecting new cards as present ones don’t expire until 2029.
I moved the Halifax app into another folder and once I’d bought a few things online to check the Lloyds app was working ok, I tapped the Halifax app- nothing really happened apart from a msg saying it wouldn’t work anymore as had transferred to Lloyds.
Tbh I was surprised at the simplicity of it all and how quickly it was completed.
Does how a safety device looks put your parent off wearing it?

