Gransnet forums

Local

Hello Surrey GNs

(45 Posts)
GUnan Fri 12-Apr-13 22:45:14

Are there any other Surrey GNs out there?? Anyone fancy a walk or a coffee or both?

GUtwo Fri 19-Apr-13 18:56:09

Hello, it's nice to see that there's someone else from Surrey out there,I'm sure there mut be more! I'm abroad at the moment but am in the Camberley area when I'm back in England. The next time will be around the 5th June for a couple of weeks and I'd love to meet up if you are not too far away.

coastwallker Sat 20-Apr-13 19:57:21

Hi both - I am not far away too. I live in Ash so Camberley is on my bus route.

Sometime I'd love to see a few others but life is a bit doo-daa at the moment. I am supporting my daughter who is having the pregnancy from hell over in Cambridgeshire accompanied by a bouncy two year old. And last week my son had a nasty accident at work and has come home for a week of two to recuperate. We are having to go over to East Grinstead to the burns clinic (three days last week), so life is more or less on hold.

But once he goes home and the baby arrives (about the end of May) I can get on with my life again, I hope.

You sort of think that once they leave home.....

GUnan Mon 22-Apr-13 17:50:17

hello! I am in Godalming so not too far from Ash /Camberly. I am away the first week in June so maybe we can meet up for a coffee/lunch sometime mid -June! Anyone else???

coastwallker Tue 23-Apr-13 19:29:14

Depending on when the baby arrives, that sounds great. Maybe Guildford would work as a mid point?

GUtwo Wed 01-May-13 13:19:18

Flights are booked! I could get to Guildford (or anywhere within reach by public transport) between 10th and 15th of June but can't do Thursday 13th.

coastwallker Wed 08-May-13 08:07:43

Sounds good to me. Once this baby arrives and I know when I'll be around lets see if we can arrange something. Or you could fix a date and I'll come if I can.

GUnan Thu 09-May-13 20:32:19

I can probably do 12 June..but more days free the following week! Guildford is good for me! Bill's is good on the main High St

www.bills-website.co.uk/Bill's_Guildford.html

GUtwo Thu 09-May-13 21:56:33

I'm going back on the 18th June so I could be busy on 17th. So far I'm still free on12th. Let's hope that baby's not too late! I've not been to Bill's,it looks nice on the link. Hope your son is recovering well CW.

GUnan Thu 09-May-13 22:56:14

coastwalker are to happy to try for 12 June? or is that too close to the EDD for baby??

coastwallker Fri 10-May-13 21:26:54

12th June should be ok. Latest news is that they may induce next week if she hasn't got things moving before then. Then son-in-law will have a week off and I will go the week after that.

I suggest you arrange it together and I will come if I can - hopefully with baby photos to bore you with smile

The boy is recovering well and back at work, thank you.

And Bill's looks lovely

CranNan Wed 15-May-13 07:56:14

Hi Ladies, just looked at this Local site. I live in Cranleigh and it would have been good to meet other Gransnetters! We are away for the whole of June. Maybe next time! Coastwalker, hope all goes well with the birth and your son is soon on the road to recovery.

GUnan Thu 16-May-13 23:12:13

Hi CranNan.. keep in touch and we can meet up again when you are back,

Finch Fri 17-May-13 13:42:47

Just wandered onto this site because although I live in Berkshire it is on the border with Hampshire and quite near Surrey. I would love to join you in Guildford on 12th June if nothing crops up( I tend to do some casual work at this time of year )and will keep an eye on this site.

GUtwo Fri 17-May-13 17:50:08

Hello Finch,I've looked at the Berks and Hants sites as well as we are all close to each other. I'm only an occasional visitor, so if it gets too difficult
on 12th June for everyone then I'll catch up with you all later.

CranNan Mon 20-May-13 16:21:49

Will do GUnan.

coastwallker Wed 22-May-13 10:05:42

My new grandson has finally arrived after a labour to match the dreadful pregnancy. She was induced on Monday morning and had an emergency C-section at 6.30 this morning. However, Benjamin is fine, was a good 7lb-er and was crying lustily when his dad phoned me. Mum and Dad are exhausted but will be fine too.
So I will have to see what help my daughter needs in the way or help for the next week or two but hopefully, I will be ok for the 12th.

GUtwo Wed 22-May-13 16:38:45

Wonderful news! Congratulations Coastwalker,to you and all the family and welcome to Bejamin. I bet you'glad it is all safely over.
I hope everything goes smoothly for your daughter and you can come on the 12th. Bringing your photographs with you!

Finch Thu 23-May-13 00:56:38

Congratulations coastwalker.Glad all was well in the end. Welcome to Benjamin. flowers

CranNan Fri 24-May-13 20:25:35

Congratulations Coastwalker. Glad all went well.

Finch Thu 30-May-13 21:57:05

Sorry ,won't be able to make 12th June in Guildford as I have had some work come up on that day. Hopefully next time.

GUtwo Fri 07-Jun-13 18:14:35

Hello everyone, well I'm back in the UK and still free for Guildford on the 12th
I'm going away over the weekend and might not have internet access until Monday evening but I will know by then if I'm staying longer and therefore could be more flexible over dates.

coastwallker Fri 07-Jun-13 18:51:12

I'm still on for the 12th so hope a few more people are too. I'm looking forward to it and have some lovely photos of Ben to bore you all with smile

GUnan Sat 08-Jun-13 23:09:33

Hi
Back from my holiday on the Azores
..shall we meet at Bill's on 12th? If so what time??

coastwallker Sun 09-Jun-13 06:09:24

12 o'clock? Without knowing how busy Bill is likely to be it's hard to judge whether leaving it later might be a problem in terms of getting a table.