Gransnet forums

Local

Am I the only Gran in Devon?

(42 Posts)
Miep1 Wed 22-Nov-17 12:01:49

Please tell me there is at least ONE other person out there!

grannyactivist Sat 14-Apr-18 00:11:28

12.30 is good for me. I can't remember having any sort of sign or signal at the last meet up - by the time I arrived there were already a couple of smiley women chatting at a table and I think I just boldly went up and asked the question. grin
It's good for her, but it's a pity that Phoenix is working now and won't be able to join us. Anyone else in the South West who fancies a trip to Exeter? The place we're planning to meet is quite close to the railway station.

kezia Sat 14-Apr-18 00:51:29

I shall almost certainly be away visiting family overseas but count me in for the next one!

Purpledaffodil Sat 14-Apr-18 07:17:47

Sadly I’m not in Devon, but the meet ups I’ve been to suggested a scarf tied to a handbag. But as GA has said, you can usually spot the GN contingent??????

SpringyChicken Sat 14-Apr-18 07:42:33

Please don’t change the date of the meet up- I’ve just booked my train ticket!

Charleygirl Sat 14-Apr-18 13:29:06

grannyactivist8 *phoenix works part time. but I can never remember the days.

barbriam Sun 15-Apr-18 08:43:48

Hello Ladies, well it looks like we are going to go for lunchtime Monday May 14th this time and it will be nice to see to see everyone who can make it. Maybe anybody else who would like to be involved but can't make this date could suggest something in the future? Will do as suggested and have my smiley face on and be near the door.

SpringyChicken Sun 15-Apr-18 11:17:37

Looking forward to it smile

barbriam Mon 07-May-18 18:03:34

Hi again ladies. Just a week to go until our planned Devon Grans meet in Exeter. I am looking forward to it and definitely planning to go. It would be good to get an idea from other Grans to confirm who is definitely planning to be there next Monday so we can look out for each other around 12.30 in the Mill on the Exe. If for any reason I know beforehand that I can't make it I will put a message on but not anticipating any problems.

Welshwife Mon 07-May-18 19:00:14

Hope you have a great meet up - Exeter is such a nice place.

phoenix Mon 07-May-18 19:43:28

Hello all, Monday is usually a work day, but I might be able to swap it?

SpringyChicken Fri 11-May-18 07:07:02

See you on Monday. smile

sazz1 Wed 16-May-18 22:39:51

Hi everyone I've just remembered gransnet as have not been here for a very long time! Found this thread and we are retiring to Devon next year hopefully buying a bungalow or small house near Dawlish or Teignmouth area. We have a caravan there atm which we go to almost every month. I do have one good friend in the area but more would be welcome and would love to meet up with some local ladies. Feel free to message or chat xxxx

kathsue Wed 13-Jun-18 19:36:55

Hi I'd love to meet other gransnetters in Devon. I'm in Plymouth but quite fancy a day out in Exeter. I couldn't make the earlier meet-ups, are there any more planned?

Bathsheba Wed 13-Jun-18 23:04:30

Hi kathsue. I couldn't make the last meet up in Exeter either, but there was mention, on a different thread, of another get together on 9th July.

have a look on this thread

kathsue Thu 14-Jun-18 16:52:41

Thanks Bathsheba.smile

Devonshiremaid Fri 15-Jun-18 07:27:18

I will be staying with my daughter in Exeter while waiting to move house (in Devon) and would like to meet up with other gransnetters. Will follow posts for a meeting.