Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glasgow Meet Up

(260 Posts)
Bags Thu 26-Jul-12 07:03:39

elegran suggested we have a separate thread for sorting the proposed Glasgow meet up, and green asked if I might be able to 'sort' it, so this is me sorting the first bit: names please? smile

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 20:45:20

baubles you can't do it from an iPad!

Ella46 Mon 27-Aug-12 20:29:18

Great photos!
I think you all look just like you should do!
Absent, I bet you've got lovely long legs and Marelli, I prefer you with your hair longer, it really suits you.

You all seem to have enjoyed yourselves and there was obviously wine involved! Job well done sunshine

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 20:12:36

I did like Les Dawson, though! grin annodomini, did you notice that I've become a bit more public....not as green as I was, though...wink

annodomini Mon 27-Aug-12 20:05:15

Marelli, what are you talking about. You look great. Like someone I want to meet. Now stop putting yourself down!

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 19:59:47

Wish I'd worn a burkha.....grin Baubles - only upload that photo if I look ok!! I'm trusting you, now! grin

bikergran Mon 27-Aug-12 19:59:01

well done all your gransnetters that managed to meet..you all sound like you had a fab time! keep up with the meets smile

baublesbanglesandb Mon 27-Aug-12 19:55:30

Marelli - here I am, and very irritated too. I can't work out how to upload the photos on this site. I never have any trouble on facebook! The button to select a file isn't active. I think it's because I use an iPad, it's probably easy on a laptop.

I'll try to sort it out. Well done to you & Bags though.

Bags Mon 27-Aug-12 19:55:27

grin I loved your top. Thought it unusual and elegant, especially next to my several years' old T-shirt.

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 19:51:22

...that's very nice of you to say so, Bags, but all I'd need is a cross-over pinny, long knickers and some curlers...grin

Bags Mon 27-Aug-12 19:48:24

marelli, I think you look lovely! You have such a kind smile. Stop worrying! Mind you, the photo does look better at a higher resolution but I don't think GN can cope with that.

absentgrana Mon 27-Aug-12 19:47:50

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Glasgow?

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 19:45:46

No, because you look lovely and not like Les Dawson......grin

absentgrana Mon 27-Aug-12 19:42:25

I look like a giant standing next to Bags. You can always tell that I really hate having my photograph taken, but I was well behaved and didn't make a fuss about it. grin

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 19:39:15

Bags has a lovely camera....but it made me look even worse than usual...oh no, the camera never lies shock. I've now gone a bit public and put one on that was taken on Saturday at my granddaughter's 21st birthday lunch 'do'! Her little boy and my great-grandson, is there as well! smile

harrigran Mon 27-Aug-12 19:33:05

You all look very glam smile glad you had a good day.

Marelli Mon 27-Aug-12 19:24:00

Bags!! Have you not got a better one with me in it??? I look like Les Dawson when he was playing Ada (Cissy and Ada!) Baubles - where are you? Did you not take a photo with your phone?? It's bound to be better than this one - everybody else looks lovely.....confused! I'm going to try to upload mine now, but don't know if I'll be able to, because I've gone all private....! However, I'll try and see what happens! grin

absentgrana Mon 27-Aug-12 19:14:04

Safely home with a box of fudge from the museum for Mr absent and some pretty earrings for me. What fast and fantastic fun and frolics. It was great to see you all. Soop – thank you so much for the charming coaster, thank you granny 23 for giving me some understanding of Scottish character and politics, indeed thank you everyone for a thoroughly delightful time. I'm now going to see if I can find the photographs – but may need a strong drink first. smile

grrrranny Mon 27-Aug-12 18:55:59

Glad you all had a good time and no one got lost. Had you hidden the bottles of wine under the table? grin

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 18:52:57

That's great. I'll take some in the midlands!

Butternut Mon 27-Aug-12 18:46:01

Hello! How lovely to see you all. Great pics. smile

Littlenellie Mon 27-Aug-12 18:43:59

I was with you in spirit soop am very envy hopefully one dayxx

Bags Mon 27-Aug-12 18:27:00

Group photo added on my profile. I'm not in it. Strange! I was there wink

Ella46 Mon 27-Aug-12 18:10:31

True, and when people say they have put pics on facebook, that doesn't work because of most peoples security settings.

Anagram Mon 27-Aug-12 18:07:18

Perhaps they don't want to be seen by all and sundry? I can't see any of Bags's photos now apart from her profile ones.

Ella46 Mon 27-Aug-12 17:27:34

Yes, please can we see the photos? Glad you all enjoyed the meet up.smile