Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

(19 Posts)
Nonna06 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:42:45

In my area

Nonna06 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:41:33

Hello there I am newbe I live in Wimbledon. Anyone immune area??

Anya Mon 20-Jul-15 04:11:41

Hi grannyzanny welcome.

Luckily I don't suffer from insomnia hmm

grannyzanny Mon 20-Jul-15 03:19:09

Hi hobbitgran. Like you I'm enjoying reading the threads - lots of interesting subjects and heated debates!
Luckygirl and HildaW I think the Herefordshire/Welsh border is a lovely part of the country. I love a good mooch around Hay smile
Hello AshTree, my dad lives in Liskeard so I'm familiar with your area.
As you can see by the time I should be sending out the zzzzz's but at least there's Gransnet to keep me occupied wink How time flies...

AshTree Sun 19-Jul-15 17:06:26

Hello grannyzanny and welcome to GN. I'm in Plymouth, nowhere near you, so we will just have to be content with a virtual friendship on here grin.
I'm a bit of an insomniac, not as bad since I retired however. It used to be a regular thing, up in the night for an hour or so with a book and a hot drink (or a hot toddy!), then back to a nicely cooled bed, but dreading the alarm clock going off at 6.15 shock.
Nowadays if I give in and come downstairs it's a hot drink and Gransnet grin

HildaW Sun 19-Jul-15 14:48:59

Oh I do the 'shall I go downstairs' conversation in my head when insomnia bites (luckily not as badly as it used to).
Must admit I sometimes just give in and go downstairs but then, on advise from councillor, make sure I enjoy the experience. So I make a cup of tea, get comfy on sofa and either read something wordy and comforting (usually a Jane Austen) or call up a gentle old black and white film.
I found that the more I worried that I should not be 'downstairs' the longer it took me to calm down and relax. Once I just saw it as a treat I found that after an hour or so I am in a much better frame of mind and can get to sleep.

P.S. am on edge of Wales in this bit of Herefordshire. Can see Black Mountains on a clear day.

Luckygirl Sun 19-Jul-15 09:59:19

Hello there -another neighbour here in Herefordshire - but only just - Wales is just down the road.

Look forward to reading your posts.

hobbitgran Sun 19-Jul-15 09:50:12

Hi Grannyzanny. I'm a newbie too. In Somerset where it's grey and overcast. Have our granddaughters here after a sleepover. All had a lie in. Breakfast next. Been a bit wary of adding comments to discussions but am so enjoying reading threads. It's a bit lonely here as new to the area, lovely to know there are other grandparents out there Hope you enjoy. smile

Falconbird Sun 19-Jul-15 08:50:49

Hi grannyzanny - I sleep quite well but up every morning at 5.30. shock

grannyzanny Sun 19-Jul-15 08:37:24

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!

ninathenana yes I am an insomniac though not every night. Last night was a good one - I didn't need to go downstairs smile

Elrel Sat 18-Jul-15 13:04:54

I'm in south Birmingham, hi!

HildaW Sat 18-Jul-15 12:28:30

Hello grannyzanny.....am next door to you in Herefordshire!

glammanana Sat 18-Jul-15 12:25:28

Welcome grannyzanny I'm sending sun and nice weather from up on The Wirral it's nice to see new members.smile

HappyNan1 Sat 18-Jul-15 10:38:58

Welcome grannyzanny, I'm from Worcestershire too. smile

ninathenana Sat 18-Jul-15 08:29:55

Just realized my post sounds flippant. Insomnia is no joke I know. Sorry if you are affected.

Pittcity Sat 18-Jul-15 08:25:42

Good morning grannyzanny and welcome to a sunny day on Gransnet. I am in Essex. I hope you can take a minute to look at your local Gransnet site and perhaps add something there.

Falconbird Sat 18-Jul-15 08:14:51

Welcome grannyzanny - I've been on Gransnet for about a year. It's helped me many times, made me laugh and kept me company.

flowers

ninathenana Sat 18-Jul-15 07:43:42

Morning grannyzanny and welcome from Kent.

Do you suffer from insomnia ? I noticed the time of your post grin

grannyzanny Sat 18-Jul-15 04:52:03

Hello there! I'm new to Gransnet and I'm from Worcestershire smile