Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Daffy walk on York City walls NEW DATES!

(24 Posts)
oldgoat Fri 13-Apr-18 15:33:14

Hello again!
The York Grans are planning a 90 minute walk along York's city walls to see the daffodils, but we've had to change the possible dates for this walk to Thursday 25th or Friday 26th April. With luck the flowers will still be in bloom!
If you would like to join us please let me have your preferred date as soon as possible.
The walk will start at York Railway Station at 1.15 pm and end at Micklegate Bar near the Bar Convent for tea and cake.
Please note: there are several flights of steps on this walk.

Artyfarty Fri 13-Apr-18 17:18:36

oldgoat Is it me or do you mean Thursday the 26th or Friday the 27th April? ?

oldgoat Fri 13-Apr-18 17:50:22

You spotted the deliberate mistake artyfarty
This walk is doomed!

Millbrook Fri 13-Apr-18 18:12:10

With or without daffodils it will be a lovely walk OldGoat ! I would love to come along, and I don't mind which of the 2 days/dates you choose. Thanks.

oldgoat Sat 14-Apr-18 17:51:28

Sorry about the change of date gardenoma Hope that you will still be able to come on the walk .
We will decide on the final date shortly. I favour Friday 27th. Would that suit you too, millbrook and artyfarty ?

Alygran Sat 14-Apr-18 18:05:43

Hello
I can possibly do the Friday unless I am needed for DGS sitting that evening.

Millbrook Sat 14-Apr-18 18:08:28

Yes, Friday is good for me oldgoat

grannyqueenie Sat 14-Apr-18 23:01:36

I know I can’t do the Thursday one, possibly the Friday but not 100% certain at the minute.

gardenoma Mon 16-Apr-18 08:06:46

Yes friday 27th is good for me, the 26th more problematic with it being the normal DGC day.

Artyfarty Mon 16-Apr-18 11:28:25

Friday is fine for me too.

oldgoat Mon 16-Apr-18 12:47:16

It looks as though Friday 27th is the better day for most people, so that's the date decided.
We may have to call it The Dead Daffy Walk. They appear to be in full bloom now - but it will still an enjoyable walk.

oldgoat Tue 17-Apr-18 15:54:36

I've just had a quick recce of the walk and checked out the cake at the Bar Convent. Yum, yum.
The daffodils are looking lovely so hope they last a while.

Greyduster Tue 17-Apr-18 16:22:42

Don’t dawdle getting to the cake, Oldgoat, or there might be “nun” left! I shall miss you all.

oldgoat Tue 17-Apr-18 17:25:30

We'll miss you too greyduster but there are plans for a walk along the Ouse so perhaps you'll be able to make it to that one.
The lemon drizzle cake at the Convent is to die for, by the way!

Artyfarty Tue 17-Apr-18 18:16:15

Greyduster Sorry you can’t make it this time. I have just finished baking your scone recipe which you posted on the food thread (using yogurt) They look delicious! ?

oldgoat Sun 22-Apr-18 09:11:19

It's not long now until our Dead Daffodil Walk on York City Walls, on Friday 27th April. We plan to meet in the front concourse of the railway station near the Booking Office, for a 1.15 pm departure.
Please can you let me know whether you will be coming so that we don't set off without anybody.
There are three flights of steps going up and one going down from the walls.

GeminiJen Mon 23-Apr-18 18:21:58

Hope the sun shines on your walk sunshine Wish I could join all you lovely ladies again...but I'm visiting the other set of grandchildren this weekend. Fingers crossed for next time...!

oldgoat Tue 24-Apr-18 10:55:14

Let us know when you are coming to York geminiJen and we'll try to arrange something.

GeminiJen Thu 26-Apr-18 11:24:15

Thanks, oldgoat...Will do smile

oldgoat Thu 26-Apr-18 12:18:42

Really sorry everyone, but we have decided to postpone the City Walls walk. The weather forecast isn't very good and there were only definitely three coming and one of us is now unwell.
I'm afraid this walk was doomed! but we can try another date and maybe get sunny weather next time.
Sorry about the short notice.

Artyfarty Thu 26-Apr-18 12:40:13

It’s a shame but not much fun to be had walking the walls in the rain. Let’s try again once the weather improves. It’s such a nice walk it deserves to be done in the sunshine ?

Millbrook Thu 26-Apr-18 12:52:45

Yes, definitely look forward to the next one, and fingers crossed for good weather & everyone being in good health!

Dee21 Mon 30-Apr-18 22:58:15

Hi I'm new to the site but live in York so would love to join everyone for the rescheduled walk.

oldgoat Mon 30-Apr-18 23:14:40

Welcome Dee21 We'll be organising another get-together when the weather warms up a bit.
It was disappointing to have to postpone the York Walls walk but definitely the right decision . The weather was absolutely foul all day.