Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

North Yorkshire meet up

(58 Posts)
Twingles Sat 02-Jun-18 14:15:06

I moved to Northallerton 2 years ago. I have made a few friends but would be interested in making a few more!
Is anyone interested in arranging a meet up in this area?

Millbrook Mon 17-Sep-18 14:16:12

Tuesdays no good for me but anything else can usually be rearranged to fit? Thanks for offering to arrange something Lizzie12

S2Nnana Tue 18-Sep-18 16:03:18

Tuesdays & Thursdays good for me too. Sorry, not very adept at this yet but would enjoy meeting others Grans so when & where? Smile

grannyqueenie Tue 18-Sep-18 16:50:43

I’ve just noticed this, I’d be interested in a meet up and can get to Harrogate easily. Term time Wednesdays are never any good for me, other days vary from week to week depending on what’s on.

Artyfarty Tue 18-Sep-18 17:19:15

Hi there. Thursdays are good for me but whichever day is most convenient. I know it’s like herding cats trying to organise anything like this! ??

oldgoat Tue 18-Sep-18 17:23:59

Thursdays are good for me too. Have you got anywhere in mind lizzie?

Alygran Tue 18-Sep-18 18:22:07

Have pm’d Lizzie to remind her to look at the responses

Lizzie12 Tue 18-Sep-18 21:12:22

Something seems to be stirring! Great!
Personally I can't make w/c 24/9 as I'm away but I'm free Thursday 4/10 or Tuesday 16/10 if that's any good.
Open to suggestions on a venue but Carluccios on Station Square HG1 1TB is big enough and across the road from the train station.
Lots of possibilities in Harrogate but some can be quite small and busy!
If we can agree a date ASAP we can get it in our diaries and then we are that bit nearer to getting this meetup firmly on the road! ??

Alygran Tue 18-Sep-18 21:48:08

4 and 16 good for me. Advice on parking please as public transport from Northallerton area is a non-starter.

grannyqueenie Tue 18-Sep-18 22:07:36

I can do 4/10, 16/10, Carluccios sounds good to me. I’ll probably come by bus but I think there’s a car park close by, part of the shopping centre?

oldgoat Wed 19-Sep-18 06:57:50

Unfortunately I can't make either of those dates but I'm sure once you've got the ball rolling there will be other meetups in Harrogate when I will be able to come and meet you all.

Artyfarty Wed 19-Sep-18 08:17:08

The 4th Oct would be best for me. We may be away for the 16th.

Lizzie12 Wed 19-Sep-18 08:17:21

Ok Grans
Can we make it Thursday 4/10 at 10.30am at Carluccios?
Best car park prob the multi-storey at Victoria shopping centre accessed by East Parade Hg1 5LQ . It's entrance is right next to the BACK entrance to the train station. You can come out through the shopping centre head towards station Square ( which is across the road from FRONT train station entrance on Station Parade)
Maybe we should wear a badge or something so we all end up in the right group ? Suggestions please!
Hope that sounds ok
Just confirm if you are coming please
For those who can't there's always next time ! ?

Artyfarty Thu 20-Sep-18 17:15:54

I’ve just googled Carluccios in Harrogate to see where it is and it’s coming up as permanently closed! Can any of the Harrogate grans confirm if this is so?

Alygran Thu 20-Sep-18 17:24:09

Date and time OK with me. Please let me know about the venue. Thanks for the info on parking

Lizzie12 Thu 20-Sep-18 21:24:16

I didn't know it had recently closed,well spotted. Every time I go into Harrogate centre another shop seems to have closed down! ?
Anyway I suggest that we meet in Hoopers Department store cafe. 28-32 James Street. ( further down from Carluccios on same stretch of road but on the other side of the road.
It's called Zest Restaurant
It's located on the lower floor and it's not too small.
Plus I know it hasn't closed down! Yet!
Thanks to those who have confirmed so far.
Liz

Artyfarty Thu 20-Sep-18 22:10:15

That is fine for me. I’m coming in by bus so just have to check the timetable ?

grannyqueenie Thu 20-Sep-18 22:37:13

This looks good for me too, I didn’t know Carluccios had closed either. Hopefully Hoopers isn’t House of Fraser or it might bite the dust before we get there! Depending on the bus too, so I may be a few minutes late, looking forward to meeting you all x

Lizzie12 Fri 21-Sep-18 08:04:00

Apparently Hoopers is an independent Department store with about 4 branches across the country.
So it should still be there when we meet up ?
Pretty safe bet I think! ?
Though who knows these days !
Liz

S2Nnana Fri 21-Sep-18 11:52:34

Sorry, Lizzie12, just PM'd you re Carluccio's. Duh, told you I didn't know what I was doing. Cafe at Hoopers is downstairs but there is a lift at the back of the store in case those outside Harrogate are not aware. 4th October good for me. Looking forward to meeting up.

Lizzie12 Fri 21-Sep-18 14:08:07

Great sounds like we are in business now!
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Ill try to get there on time at 10.30am and grab a table for us,
if no one else is there already.
I'm tall with blonde hair ( just so we have a heading point!)
Liz

Millbrook Sat 22-Sep-18 12:41:01

I can make that date, and would love to come along. I might have met some of you at the meet up in York in spring, but between real names and Forum names, (and being hopeless at remembering either!), I’ll have no idea who you are til I see you, sorry!

Shame about Carluccio’s - it’s closed down in Ilkley too. But the dept store sounds a good venue. Look forward to seeing everyone and thanks for organising it Liz.

Lizzie12 Sat 22-Sep-18 15:24:53

Great Millbrook
I haven't met any of the Grans yet so I'm going into Hoopers blindfolded!
Still I'm sure all our anntenae's will be out!
Liz

grannyqueenie Sat 22-Sep-18 21:00:42

I’ve not met anyone before either!

Artyfarty Wed 03-Oct-18 12:55:39

I’m coming in on the bus tomorrow and will be getting off at the bus station. Is Hoopers very far from there? I’ve googled it and it looks straight up the road and turn right?
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Twingles Sun 28-Oct-18 14:40:18

I have only just seen all these messages so am really sorry that I didn't get to Harrogate to meet all of you.
I would love to join you if you have another outing arranged anytime!