Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet up in Reading

(34 Posts)
Deedaa Fri 13-Jul-18 21:32:06

My friend and I had coffee and cake in Fenwicks just after they opened and that was very nice - large slices of cake!

Greenfinch Fri 13-Jul-18 21:23:37

Bracknell would be a change and there is a new shopping centre if anyone is interested.Deedaa do you know of anwhere nice for coffee ?

HAZBEEN Fri 13-Jul-18 08:48:42

Hello everyone, I am up for Reading or Bracknell, I can get to both by train. I look forward to seeing Greenfinch and Deedaa again and meeting more of you lovely ladies.

Auntieflo Fri 13-Jul-18 08:45:04

Hello all. I am definitely interested in another meet up, and early September sounds doable, hopefully. I don't mind either Reading or Bracknell, as I can bus to either, and yes wokingham is more than pretty awful still, I live there smile

Greenfinch Fri 13-Jul-18 06:40:19

Deedaa if we made it late morning or early afternoon we should be OK as I may have the same problem.
On refection and thinking about who came last time,I am wondering if Bracknell or Wokingham might be a better venue.

What does anyone think? Having said that,Wokingham is pretty awful at the moment with all the re-development.

Deedaa Thu 12-Jul-18 22:17:57

I seem to be fairly clear for September - although new school year may involve some stepping in for school runs.

Greenfinch Tue 10-Jul-18 10:15:54

Good luck for the op. Auntieflo. I think it may be better to leave the meetup until September anyway. Would that be better?
Anyone up for it?

Auntieflo Fri 29-Jun-18 09:00:34

Greenfinch, I was thinking recently, that it was about time for another Reading get together. I would love to come, but I shall be having an op. in August. So it's all up in the air at the moment.

Greenfinch Thu 28-Jun-18 15:57:40

Would anyone be interested in meeting up in Reading in August ?We generally meet in John Lewis or Pat Val but other suggestions would be welcome preferably near the train station.