Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Edinburgh 30 Oct and/or 8 Nov

(22 Posts)
Elegran Mon 01-Oct-18 10:25:57

Grandelinquent, Cascats, and Geminigen (sorry I called you Grandeloquent on another thread!) are up for a meeting on 8th Nov and/or 30th Oct, possibly in the Scottish Cafe at the Mound Gallery (except they weren't too keen on us sitting there too long over our morning coffees - remember? We had to keep ordering more things in dribs and drabs to keep the sour look off the waitress's face, Maybe it should be lunch? Open to suggestions.)

Katek Mon 01-Oct-18 10:34:31

Oh yes, I remember ‘the look’ well! I think we all presented a very good series of ‘looks’ back at her though! I can manage lunch on 8/11 but as to a venue...??? I’ll leave that to you Edinburghers!

GeminiJen Mon 01-Oct-18 11:33:23

Elegran....Thanks for posting.
Just to confirm. November 8th suits me best.
My daughter is still waiting for a removal date, hopefully during October....so keeping that free.
And, as you mentioned names....Note mine grin

Elegran Mon 01-Oct-18 11:55:05

It must be short for Genius, GeminiJen

GeminiJen Mon 01-Oct-18 19:32:14

...'fraid not hmm

Elegran Tue 02-Oct-18 20:20:16

bump

cascats Wed 03-Oct-18 00:16:49

Sorry Elegran, just realised had not said either of those dates are doable at present for me.
Planning to many things at the moment, and slipped up on this one blush
Looking forward to meeting you Grandelinquent.

cascats Wed 03-Oct-18 00:17:30

or even too many!

Elegran Wed 03-Oct-18 09:36:09

Seems that 8th Nov is best for everyone, so how about lunch in the Gallery cafe? It is central and easy to find. ? Just seen their cafe/restaurant menu They consider themselves a restaurant now and prices have gone up to match. See details in link.

Rembrandt Autumn Menu £15 two courses Soup of the day served with artisan bread, Scotch beef shin hot pot, Phantassie Farm pumpkin and golden puff pastry. Doesn't seem to be a choice.

Scottish Collection Lunch Menu 2 courses £18pp | 3 courses £23pp More choice and all sounds very nice.

Sandwich: £9 Add mug of soup £2.50

What do you think?

Elegran Wed 03-Oct-18 09:52:26

Five names -
Grandelinquent
Cascats
Geminijen
Katek
Elegran

cascats Wed 03-Oct-18 12:01:44

Fine with me, do you think we (as in Elegran grin) should book a table and ask for quiet corner or just wing it?

Elegran Mon 08-Oct-18 09:49:19

Depends how many of us there are. Five could maybe wing it but any more stand a chance of having to separate.

GeminiJen Wed 24-Oct-18 19:33:37

So sorry. Can't make Nov 8 after all. My daughter has just had her removal date confirmed today...and we have a clash sad While I'd much rather be lunching with you lovely ladies, I'll be busy making mugs of tea for the removal men. Hope you have a lovely time!

Elegran Wed 24-Oct-18 19:59:19

We'll think of you slaving away. GeminiJen. Wil you make it to Thornton on the 21st November for afternoon tea at Serendipi-Tea?

GeminiJen Thu 25-Oct-18 11:10:10

I wish I could be...It sounds delish, so hopefully next time if there is one.
This time though I'll be in the air ...Ryanair willing hmm en route to Barcelona for a pre Christmas visit with my son and family there.
Looking forward to hearing all about the Thornton outing at our lunch in December.

baubles Mon 29-Oct-18 11:37:56

Thursday is my normal Edinburgh childminding day. I’d love to pop in for coffee if no one minds me having small child in tow. Probably best not to come for lunch though.

Elegran Mon 29-Oct-18 13:38:28

Yes, pop in for a coffee, Baubles. Lunch with five grannies may be a bit much for a small child to survive, as you say. It depends on the chiuld - you know them better than us.

I haven't yet done any booking - I shall do that this afternoon, then we ought in theory to have a table ready for us. I assume 1 o'clock will be OK? Five of us plus Baubles' little 'un. Is that a high-chair size child or a grownup chair?

Elegran Mon 29-Oct-18 13:39:04

Chiuld with two syllables - hmmm.

baubles Mon 29-Oct-18 13:51:03

High chair please Elegran.

Elegran Tue 30-Oct-18 14:30:07

Booked for five on Thursday 8th November at 1 pm, and I've asked for a high chair.

Elegran Wed 07-Nov-18 10:39:14

Katek can't come (nasty virus) so it looks as though it will be
Grandelinquent, Cascats, Baubles and me plus a mini-Baubles.

Marydoll Thu 08-Nov-18 07:11:38

Have a lovely lunch!