Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Scottish Meet ups

(9 Posts)
jacq10 Mon 15-Oct-18 17:30:45

Notice it seems that Gransnetters in Scotland don't seem to be meeting up very often apart from Edinburgh. Any chance of one happening in the north? I know it covers a large area and there maybe transport difficulties but thought it was worth a try to see if there is a response. Could only see one post quite some time ago and there was not much response.

Marelli Mon 15-Oct-18 17:36:36

A bunch of us went up to Aberdeen to have lunch with Katek a couple of years or so ago. That was a great day. Katek doesn’t actually live in Aberdeen, but travelled in for the lunch. Maybe she can suggest somewhere, depending on whereabouts you are, jacq10, and get some others to join in??

jacq10 Mon 15-Oct-18 17:42:09

MarelliI could do Aberdeen. Couple of hours on bus but don't mind travelling and the bus pass is a wonderful thing!!!

mcem Mon 15-Oct-18 17:45:32

I'm in Dundee so Aberdeen is feasible (depending on other commitments).
Haven't managed any Edinburgh meets as I 've always had a clash!

jacq10 Wed 17-Oct-18 19:28:06

Well - I tried!! I see the Glasgow Grannies didn't manage to get anything organised in their area so don't suppose there is much hope for anything in the north. It seems a pity.

Marydoll Wed 17-Oct-18 19:54:42

I can't understand it. There must be some Glasgow grannies.
I'm beginning to get a complex and think it's me! grin

jacq10 Wed 17-Oct-18 21:07:36

Will you give up Marydoll or try again? Has a meet-up ever happened? I'm a fairly new member but was surprised to see that only Edinburgh seemed to host a meet-up. Glasgow has such a reputation for being a friendly city I'm not holding out much hope in things happening further north.

Marydoll Wed 17-Oct-18 21:30:02

Hi jacq, There are three of us who go through to the Edinburgh lunches from Glasgow and the Edinburgh grans are hoping to come through to Glasgow, but we were hoping that some other Glasgow grans might want to join us. I'll let it go for now.

Jane10 Wed 17-Oct-18 22:14:32

Could you make it to the Thornton tea time meet up?
I think you've missed the St Andrews one. It's not just Edinburgh where meet ups happen but maybe it's an easier central location?