Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Lincoln Meetup Wed 4th December

(12 Posts)
jeanie99 Wed 27-Nov-19 10:37:38

We will be meeting at Thomas 2 at 11am 4th December
Address: St Swithins Square, Lincoln LN2 1HA

If anyone would like to join us it would be good to here from you.
See you soon

Scribbles Wed 27-Nov-19 17:09:35

I'll be there!

(Just bringing this back to the top)
cupcake brew

callgirl1 Wed 27-Nov-19 22:15:37

Would love to be there, but don`t think it`ll be possible. What a carrot to dangle Jeannie, you know I like Thomas 2!

jeanie99 Wed 27-Nov-19 22:29:43

Hi Callgirl

Nice to hear from you, we'll probably see you in the New Year them.
Have a good one at Christmas.

callgirl1 Wed 27-Nov-19 23:30:34

Thank you! x

Keeper1 Mon 02-Dec-19 19:47:43

Oh I cannot make it I am having to use so many days to take my husband to hospital appointments and am already off;working from home on the 5th and 6th. I am so envious wish I could meet up with you again.

Scribbles Mon 02-Dec-19 21:41:16

I'm sure there'll be another time in the new year, Keeper. Meantime, taking care of your OH is important so don't stress too much now. Your friends will be here when you need some downtime so we'll save a slice of cake for you in 2020.((hugs)).

Nandalot Tue 03-Dec-19 16:46:50

I was waiting to see if I could make it but unfortunately not as looking after poorly grandson.
Hope meet up goes well.

Scribbles Tue 03-Dec-19 18:26:38

That's a pity, Nandalot. Wishing poor, sick grandson well very soon. Have a lovely Yuletide & hope we'll see you next year

Lillylad Sun 22-Dec-19 16:40:16

Hi, what form do these meetings take place, how many people come, how long do they last?
Thanks

Scribbles Sun 22-Dec-19 23:34:48

Lillylad, how long is a piece of string? GN gatherings occur whenever two or more people feel like getting together for coffee/lunch/gin/chat or any other thing.

Sometimes, there are half a dozen; sometimes only two. There's no set formula, nothing formal and they can take place in cafés, pubs, restaurants or anywhere people gather.

If you fancy getting together with other GNers in the Lincoln area, start a new thread with "Lincoln" in the title. Then suggest a date and a venue for whatever you have in mind, e.g.: Coffee at Pennells on the --th, anyone?

You'll get a response or two although it might be better to wait until after the holidays are over as folk may be away or too busy to read GN at present.

I know there has been interest in the past from people who are busy at work Mon to Fridays so you may like to suggest a weekend meet which would suit some members better.
HTH

CuddlyGranny Thu 16-Jan-20 11:09:11

New to Gransnet and new to Lincoln too!! Please let me know if there are any meet ups in Lincoln area. Would love to come!!?