Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

North Somerset January lunch

(24 Posts)
Caphx Fri 06-Dec-19 17:59:47

Hi everyone in this area (think South Bristol, Portishead, Nailsea, Clevedon, Weston, Worle and all points in between!) - half a dozen of us have just had our first meeting in Clevedon and are planning to meet again in January, so please reply to this message if you’d like to join us. I propose either Wednesday 22nd or Friday 24th, this time for lunch rather than coffee - and any suggestions for venue would be very welcome (preferably ground floor or somewhere with a lift). We met in Clevedon today but our next event could be anywhere from Pill / Portishead down to Weston, whatever suits everyone.

Franbern Fri 06-Dec-19 18:26:29

Wednesdays are not good for me, already have two things each one, so would prefer to go with Friday 24th. Do not mind where it is - good in Clevedon, easy to get there and to park. Do hope to see you all again in January,.

vena11 Fri 06-Dec-19 19:51:25

Lovely to meet with everyone today. Friday 24th for lunch is better for me. Clevedon seemed the most central for most of us I think, if anyone has a particular preference I am flexible to most places. Trying to process everything about everyone and names to faces tonight and I am looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully more people next month .

Barmeyoldbat Sat 07-Dec-19 07:25:49

It was lovely to meet you all, sorry I wasn't able to stay for a bit longer. Friday 24th would be a good day for me and I don't mind Clevedon, easy to get to. I hope this time I won't be such a party pooper as I think my back is sorted, well at least we know what it is and steroids should sort it. Why can't I remember I had this before years ago.
Anyway looking forward to meeting you all again.

cornergran Sat 07-Dec-19 20:44:40

Good to meet everyone. 24th works for me at the moment, I’ll confirm closer to the time as life’s a bit chaotic at the moment. I agree, Clevedon is fairly central. Liked this weeks venue but of course stairs could be a problem. I’m sorry I don’t know Clevedon well enough to make other suggestions. Parking can be difficult I know, it was very easy this week for which I was grateful. Hope the pain reduces very soon barmeyoldbat, you looked more than uncomfortable. Hope to see you all in January.

Caphx Sat 07-Dec-19 23:55:26

Majority agreement for Friday 24th, so that’s the date, and it looks like Clevedon is a favourite choice. We can decide actual venue nearer the time - we can book at the Teatro if there are at least 8 of us (and I think we would need to book for a Friday lunchtime) or we could try the Salthouse on the seafront - easy to get to and although there’s a little bit of a hill up from the car park, there is some disabled parking almost at the front door.

Patience6and7 Sun 08-Dec-19 14:49:22

Enjoyed meeting everyone on Friday and hope to see you all again in January. I am usually very busy on Wednesdays so I wouldn’t be able to meet, but Fridays are good and the 24th is ok with me. Clevedon is also fine.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 21-Dec-19 22:29:40

Can't remember who but someone wanted to learn to crochet. Well the Spinning Wheel in Hill Road has a lesson inc Jan or Feb, just go on their website. I have been to many of their classes and they are great and value for money.

Franbern Sat 11-Jan-20 09:52:55

Just to bump this up and to ask if it has been decided WHERE and what time we are going to meet on 24th January? Also, did anyone see the request from Galen in Portishead who needs a lift to join us. I can give a lift to anyone going into Portishead from WsM or Worle.

bluebirdwsm Sat 11-Jan-20 09:58:00

I would like to join this meet up if I know the time and venue, assuming it would be Friday January 24th.

Caphx Sat 11-Jan-20 10:47:14

The plan is to meet for lunch on Friday, January 24th at 12 noon at the Teatro Lounge in Clevedon. I’d appreciate confirmation of who is attending, because if there are enough of us I’ll be able to book a table, otherwise it might be a bit of a free-for-all.
Franbern - I PM’d Galen when she added her post, asking her to join this (newer) discussion so that she could ask for a lift, but I haven’t heard anything back. If anyone is able to offer her a lift from Portishead to Clevedon perhaps they could contact her directly? She left her message in our previous thread (December - Clevedon meeting ), you can PM her from there.

Caphx Sat 11-Jan-20 10:49:04

An addendum - I realised I made the arbitrary decision to meet at the Teatro Lounge; if anyone would prefer the Salthouse, we can open the discussion up. Otherwise, I suggest we meet at the Teatro this time and the Salthouse next time.

Franbern Sun 12-Jan-20 09:32:24

Yes, thanks Caphyx. I plan to come along again and hope many others will do so also. Fine, this time at the Teatro Lounge. See you all then.

cornergran Sun 12-Jan-20 14:03:44

Hello everyone. My apologies, I won’t manage this one We have friends coming to stay and will be chained to the kitchen trying not to poison them grin Hope you all enjoy lunch.

vena11 Sun 12-Jan-20 16:23:36

Hi I will manage on the 24th. The Teatro lounge is fine with me. I also messaged Galden to ask her to add her name here but I never received a reply.

Barmeyoldbat Sun 12-Jan-20 16:39:07

Yes 24th is ok for me, count me in.

vena11 Sun 12-Jan-20 16:46:56

Sorry you cant make in cornergran

Franbern Sat 18-Jan-20 09:29:28

Looking forward to seeing most of you next Friday lunchtime. For anyone who this would be first time, there is a free car park nearly opposite. Surely, there must be lots of Gnetters around this part of North Somerset. Do come along and join us. We are a 'new' group, only had our first meet-up in December.

Patience6and7 Mon 20-Jan-20 10:12:28

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on Friday this week.

Caphx Mon 20-Jan-20 10:31:42

Looks like there could be half a dozen of us, which is great - I’ll call in to the Teatro this week and see if they’d be happy to reserve a table for us, but if not I’ll get there early and try to sort something out. If anyone else would like to join in, please just add to this post so that I can keep an eye on numbers - 12 noon, Friday 24th, Teatro lounge in Clevedon (just round the corner from the Curzon cinema)

Caphx Thu 23-Jan-20 15:37:32

Table booked at Teatro for 12 noon tomorrow, ground floor - I’ve only booked for 6, no-one else has been in touch.
BluebirdWSM - hope you’re still able to make it, I’ll be there a little early to make sure of the table; we haven’t met but I’ll be the one with blonde/white hair wearing a grey hoodie!

vena11 Thu 23-Jan-20 19:26:13

Thanks for booking the table Caphx see you tomorrow.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 23-Jan-20 21:35:01

Might be able to make it, I have to go and have some treatment on my back first and then if I am fine I will join you.

Franbern Fri 24-Jan-20 09:41:51

Looking forward to joining you all later this morning