Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

hello

(8 Posts)
Elegran Tue 18-Aug-20 19:29:30

When your title is on a list with a hundred others, all that can be seen of it is the title - "Hello". Could be anywhere!

If you email Gransnet at [email protected] and ask them to, they will change the TITLE so that it says there that it is hello from Skipton. Then the place will jump out of the list at other people living near there.

Charleygirl5 Tue 18-Aug-20 18:47:34

That is better but you really need to start a separate thread because few will open "hello".

Mumnana Tue 18-Aug-20 15:11:57

Hi
Thank you all for the messages. Hopefully this will help, more specific information.
I live near Skipton North Yorkshire. So I can meet up Tues & Wed most weeks, either mornings or afternoons at a time to suit others.
I know I sound a sad "gilly no mates" but I don't think thats me. I simply like being with people, helping, doing crafts & having a laugh.
Anybody interested in some sort of contact. Hugs

Bixiboo Sat 25-Jul-20 11:01:33

Hi mumnana, are you anywhere near Northallerton?

welbeck Fri 24-Jul-20 22:28:37

if you put something like,
north yorkshire, anyone like to meet up near bigtown.
you may get more replies.
put something like that as the title. need to be more specific.

crazyH Fri 24-Jul-20 22:21:41

I really don't know what to say.....you say you joined local groups etc but that didn't work. Why?
There are some absolutely fantastic people here on this Forum and I have made some great virtual friends. I have met up with one or two and once lockdown is lifted, we will try to meet again.
I hope someone from N Yorkshire will reply with some helpful advice for you.

Charleygirl5 Fri 24-Jul-20 22:20:35

Mumnana welcome. I'm afraid that you will not find what you want with this thread because you are not specific enough. Not everybody opens every thread.

You need to start another thread but saying you would like to meet for coffee at x time and then give 2-3 dates but state a coffee shop in a nearby town. North Yorkshire is too large and vague!

PM me if you are having problems.

Mumnana Fri 24-Jul-20 21:32:20

Hi
Im 68, live with my partner in North Yorkshire. I have a car so i can travel. The thing I would really wish for is a friend who would like to call or video / zoom call. But most of all I'd like to able to meet up in person.
I have two daughters & one grandchild but they don't visit or keep in touch much. Ive never made friends, Ive tried groups, volunteering and classes ect.
My partner works long & hard so I don't get much of a look in. Maybe I'm not interesting but I can't connect with people, tho there are people at groups I go to still but noone seems interested in meeting up outside the group days.
I know I sound a sad "gilly no mates" but I don't think thats me. I simply like being with people, helping, doing crafts & having a laugh.
Anybody interested in some sort of contact.
Fingers Crossed xx