Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glasgow

(80 Posts)
Spring Mon 18-Jan-21 11:43:06

Anyone in Glasgow west area?

Scottishgran2 Mon 03-May-21 14:53:49

Hi Mary doll.. Thank you. Am new here.. Didn't realise I had put my meet up on Glasgow one.. Am not sure how to work this so I hope you get this.. Hope you are well.

Marydoll Tue 20-Apr-21 22:55:31

Oops sorry about the misspelling of your name. ?

Marydoll Tue 20-Apr-21 22:54:39

Hi Scottisggran, you will get a better response if you start your own thread in ^ Meetups^ entiled Falkirk.
Otherwise it could cause confusion and within the Glasgow thread.
You are very welcome to join the Glasgow meet up, as well as your own Falkirk one.

Hope you get a response. I'm sure you will, there are a few posters in your area.

Scottishgran2 Tue 20-Apr-21 22:21:28

Hallo..am in Falkirk and wondered if anyone would like to meet

Marydoll Tue 20-Apr-21 20:33:54

Lomo, on the list. ?

This thread is meandering along, quite well!

Mogsmaw Tue 20-Apr-21 19:36:02

Shinamae

Seriously though, coming to Scotland is on my bucket list but as I don’t drive I think it would be terribly expensive by train. I am going to look into it in the near future. I know I could fly from Exeter but I don’t really fancy that, I am not a great one for flying..?‍♀️

Hi shinamae. When travel was much easier you could get some great bargains for train travel if you looked carefully. Sometimes it was even cheaper to travel first class than standard. Hopefully thing will go back to normal and we’ll see you in Scotland sometime.

Lomo123 Tue 20-Apr-21 19:08:29

Marydoll, would be great to meet up now we, re getting closer to being allowed out.
Jansgran, just noticed thread today thanks.

Marydoll Tue 20-Apr-21 18:36:04

It really was a pretty enjoyable afternoon, Grammaretto! I can't wait to organise the next one. ?

Grammaretto Tue 20-Apr-21 17:08:51

I can't believe so much awful has happened since I came and met you all at the concert hall
I am very glad I did!

Sugarpufffairy Tue 20-Apr-21 15:34:28

Sugarpufffairy

Marydoll. I am in Glasgow

We may have passed each other in the street! ?

I wonder if we have! We dont have Gransnet badges so we would never know

Marydoll Fri 16-Apr-21 17:36:17

Sugarpufffairy

We may have passed each other in the street! ?

Sugarpufffairy Fri 16-Apr-21 11:47:56

Shinamae Thu 15-Apr-21 09:50:27

Seriously though, coming to Scotland is on my bucket list but as I don’t drive I think it would be terribly expensive by train. I am going to look into it in the near future. I know I could fly from Exeter but I don’t really fancy that, I am not a great one for flying..?‍♀️

Roses Thu 15-Apr-21 09:46:34

I would love to come but it's a bit far for a day out!

Grandmabatty Thu 15-Apr-21 09:34:25

Shinamae a beautiful part of the country. When I was much younger, we went on holiday regularly to Ilfracombe. It was at least twelve hours by car in those days but that added to the holiday.

Shinamae Wed 14-Apr-21 23:11:20

I’m sure the grans won’t mind Callistemon...?..

Shinamae Wed 14-Apr-21 23:09:59

This is the beach at Mortehoe spent so many happy days down there when I was a child....

Callistemon Wed 14-Apr-21 23:07:51

There was a shop which sold wonderful icecream in Mortehoe! We stayed in Mortehoe once (other times in Woolacombe).

We seemed to have wandered down the bye roads a bit, sorry, Glasgow Grans!

Shinamae Wed 14-Apr-21 22:38:14

Grandmabatty

Shinamae us Scottish grans could have a trip to Devon! I love Devon but haven't been for a long time. We used to visit xh's aunt in Ilfracombe. She stayed right on the harbour. Woolacombe has such a beautiful beach and then there are the moors.

Grandmabatty,I lived in Mortehoe which is the little village above Woolacombe, I went to primary school in Woolacombe and secondary school in Ilfracombe!! ?...?

Marydoll Wed 14-Apr-21 14:14:36

Oh, lovely to hear from you , Bartsmaw! I wondered if you were still on GN!

Bartsmaw Wed 14-Apr-21 13:55:33

A Glasgow meet up. I would love to join attended one a couple of years ago. I dont post very often but love reading all forums. Great magazine ?

Grandmabatty Wed 14-Apr-21 09:33:40

Shinamae us Scottish grans could have a trip to Devon! I love Devon but haven't been for a long time. We used to visit xh's aunt in Ilfracombe. She stayed right on the harbour. Woolacombe has such a beautiful beach and then there are the moors.

crazyH Tue 13-Apr-21 23:55:21

What a lovely part of the world you live in. We went on holiday to the Lake District and then drove up to the Borders. I remember stopping by one of the Lochs and searching for the Lochness monster. I was more excited and more gullible than my little ones ?

Shinamae Tue 13-Apr-21 23:41:33

No,no Marydoll,l shall smuggle myself across the border and turn up unexplained and unannounced ?

Marydoll Tue 13-Apr-21 23:36:24

Shinamae, we could have cardboard cut out of you and pretend you are there! ?