Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glasgow

(79 Posts)
Spring Mon 18-Jan-21 11:43:06

Anyone in Glasgow west area?

GrannyBear Tue 19-Jan-21 14:00:12

Hi Spring. There are many GNers in and around Glasgow. Some of us had a meet-up just about a year ago, at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can arrange to get together again. You would be very welcome to join us. Watch this space ...

Esspee Tue 19-Jan-21 14:10:15

Hi. Currently stuck in SW Glesga. This time of year we’re normally off somewhere in the sunshine.
At least it’s dry today and reasonably bright. England is being deluged by rain.
We are so lucky in Glasgow with our amazing amount of parks and open spaces and such a short drive to the highlands.

polomint Thu 04-Feb-21 14:18:55

Hi, I have just joined in the last week and I am from central Scotland. I wonder how many on the site are from Scotland as I noticed a few posters are from abroad

rascal Thu 04-Feb-21 14:24:45

I'm from Loch Lomond National Park grin sunshine

Esspee Thu 04-Feb-21 14:48:36

Lucky you rascal. Last time I was there the mist made everything look magical.

Jangran99 Fri 05-Feb-21 12:59:40

Welcome to all our new Glesca Grannies smile
Keep an eye on the Meet-ups thread though I think it will be a long time before any RL meets are planned.
We have had very successful meets arranged by Marydoll and will do again
We have a note of the many GGs who attended those meets so will add you and the others if that’s acceptable. We could then PM you if you miss the thread.
Welcome again.

Marydoll Fri 05-Feb-21 13:13:51

I have a list somewhere of all the names.
However, as Jan says, it will be while before we are able to meet. It's a bit difficult to find a suitable venue and trying to socially distance when there are seventeen of us, with more are joining! ?

polomint Fri 05-Feb-21 13:26:51

That's very kind of you. Yes I think it may yet be a while before we can meet up with family and friends. Something to look forward to. I got my vaccine this morning. It was the Pfizer one

bridie54 Fri 05-Feb-21 13:38:32

Hi, I’m not from Glasgow hut keen to come to a meet up. I couldn’t make it the last time unfortunately. But DD lives near to Glasgow so when we are allowed out and about again I can visit her as well as meet some of you fellow GNers. Vaccine appointment for Monday which came as a nice surprise as I’m just turned 67 and thought I’d have to wait a bit longer.

weenanni59 Sat 13-Feb-21 12:26:17

It was lovely meeting the Glasgow grannies last year ... who would have believed that day how much our lives were about to change !
Look forward to seeing you all again whenever we can ?

Marydoll Sat 13-Feb-21 12:49:58

So lovely to hear from you. I wondered if you were still on GN, weenanni59

Ailsa43 Sat 13-Feb-21 13:20:10

I live in London, but I was born and raised in the west of Glasgow, how I miss it....

Parsley3 Sat 13-Feb-21 13:26:52

I wasn't able to come to the last Glasgow meetup but I plan to be at the next one. I am in central Scotland and can (could) just hop on the bus. Thanks to Marydoll for organising it. ?

Baggs Sat 13-Feb-21 13:28:42

Hello Weegies! Just putting my foot in the door so I can find this thread once we are able to meet up again! Hope we don't need to full 1000 posts before we get there!

Baggs Sat 13-Feb-21 13:29:09

*the full

Mogsmaw Sat 13-Feb-21 13:53:36

Hello, I’m “in the Glasgow area” and would love to meet up. I was laid-off a year ago and have little hope of another job anytime soon. I’d just love to see other people, I think I’m starting to lose my mind here!
It’s just started snowing here.

Marydoll Sat 13-Feb-21 14:23:46

Snowing here too! ????????

Marydoll Sat 13-Feb-21 14:29:49

Added to the list Mogsmaw. ?

TopsyIrene06 Mon 12-Apr-21 14:31:04

Just seen this thread. Please, if there is a list, put me on it. Many thanks.

Marydoll Mon 12-Apr-21 14:58:58

TopsyIrene noted! It will be a wee while yet! The last time we heard from you, you weren't too well, I hope there is some improvement. ?

Marydoll Mon 12-Apr-21 15:07:08

If anyoneone wants to add their name, I will start a list, so that I can PM interested parties later in the year with possible dates.
Nearer the time, I will start a thread in Meet Ups.

Grannmarie Mon 12-Apr-21 15:18:38

I would love to meet up with all of you!

I'm not too far from Glasgow. smile

Marydoll Mon 12-Apr-21 15:22:43

Added. It will be good to meet you at last!

polomint Mon 12-Apr-21 15:39:07

And me marydoll if you don't mind. You not tried that microwave dumpling recipe yet? I know you haven't been keeping too well but maybe when you feel better you can give it a go. It's really quite easy, all ingredients in a pot and Bob's your uncle as they say!