Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Energy drink called Prime

(40 Posts)
multicolourswapshop Fri 11-Nov-22 05:14:07

Who has heard of the energy drink called prime it’s flying off the shelves and selling on the black market for a hiked up price which is ridiculous and overpriced my grandchildren are looking for this drink can anyone help

MadameChirac Fri 11-Nov-22 11:39:57

All these knickers in a twist over a drink! grin

Greenfinch Fri 11-Nov-22 12:27:00

I read that it is not intended for children under 16. Is this right ?

multicolourswapshop Fri 04-Aug-23 06:46:45

It taste awful who on earth would want it anyway not my grandchildren

Foxygloves Fri 04-Aug-23 06:58:01

Chestnut

Well back in the day we were running around outside all day and only ever drunk water. I don't remember anyone fainting from lack of sugar or caffeine.

Don’t quite know why this thread is still going (round in circles) but as to @ Chestnut ‘s post, I’m not so sure about the lack of caffeine comment gringrin

Greyduster Fri 04-Aug-23 07:39:56

I think that the thing with this particular drink that is causing all the brouhaha is that for some strange reason the flavours have become “collectible” - like Pokémon cards! Some of them change hands for large amounts of money! I was in Sainsburys last week and there were two young boys with their grandfather discussing the merits of one particular bottle over another and it had nothing to do with the contents. It’s the packaging.

Sago Fri 04-Aug-23 08:53:07

It’s just a drink with a clever marketing team behind it.
They create a demand by withholding stock.
It is a lot better than most “energy “ drinks but still very much a gimmick.

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Aug-23 12:07:51

Is it still a ‘thing’?

MerylStreep Fri 04-Aug-23 12:13:32

multicolourswapshop

It taste awful who on earth would want it anyway not my grandchildren

Why have you resurrected this non story

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Aug-23 12:17:24

I must say, I wondered that too.
I bet that it actually tastes quite nice, it’s not like Red Bull and Monster and that type of rubbish

sukie Fri 04-Aug-23 13:02:51

It is also hard to find here in the US, seems to sell off as soon as it's stocked. My gc had heard of it from friends and were very keen to try it. When I finally found some I discovered there are two varieties available which leads to confusion. I found some in cans that was loaded with caffeine and was a true energy drink. Nix that. But the young sales clerk explained there was also the hydrating drink in plastic bottles, similar to Gatorade, that is what the kids were wanting. I was able to find a few different flavours and the only one they like is called Ice Pop. They'd still like to try the lemonade flavour if I ever come across one.

Deedaa Sat 05-Aug-23 00:01:06

My son bought a bottle a couple of months ago and we both tried it. Absolutely vile! It was so sweet neither of us could manage more than a mouthful.

welbeck Sat 05-Aug-23 00:19:43

is this a virtual meet-up, for prime drinkers only ?
oh well, that's me out.

Ashcombe Thu 07-Sep-23 17:47:00

I know of a young woman (now aged 31) who, as a teenager, regularly consumed energy drinks, causing damage to her heart for which she needed surgery at the age of 19. As a result, she has been told she must never have children, drink alcohol or have caffeine in any form.

Shelflife Fri 08-Sep-23 00:10:31

Recently I was in a shop with my 12 GS he asked me if he could buy a can of Prime with his pocket money, I said yes , I had no idea what they were or what they cost. The shop assistant refused to sell it to him on the grounds he was too young. He asked if I would buy it for him , I said no. My GS told me all his friends try to buy them . I don't know what's in them but will never buy one for him .