Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Bluewater meet up

(53 Posts)
nanapug Fri 31-Jan-14 13:36:27

Hello all you Kent and Essex ladies. I am arranging another Bluewater meet up for Saturday 15th March. I suggest we meet in the Costa at the back of Waterstones at 11am, then if any one chooses we could go on to have lunch somewhere smile
To help us identify each other please have a scarf hanging on your handbag, but failing that just ask any one who looks as if they may be a gransnetter ;) I do hope lots of you can come. We always have lovely chats.

sweetpea Fri 31-Jan-14 15:37:06

would love to have come on the 15th after my last abortive mission, but we are away with friends that weekend. Will keep looking for the one after!

nanapug Fri 31-Jan-14 18:06:23

Oh what a shame sweetpea. We were really hoping you would be able to make it x

Lindylooby Fri 31-Jan-14 18:45:51

Oh Sweetpea, what a shame. Perhaps you could suggest a date that you are around in May? Knowing nanapug and I we are always up for a coffee and a natter!
Nanapug looking forward to seeing you in March. You never know, it might even be dry by then!

nanapug Sun 02-Feb-14 10:35:44

Come on ladies, as much as Lindylooby and I love having a good old natter between ourselves we would really love it if others joined us. Please check your diaries to see if you can make it x

yogagran Sun 02-Feb-14 17:47:59

Could perhaps do a mid week day but weekends are out of the question I'm afraid sad and I'm hoping that there might be something around the Haywards Heath area which would be much closer for me

nanapug Mon 03-Feb-14 11:45:21

Perhaps you could set something up yogagran, but be prepared for not too much interest. There doesn't seem to be too many of us in the South East, which is why we do Bluewater as it is reachable from Kent, Essex and even London. What a shame you can't join us x

nanapug Thu 06-Feb-14 14:02:26

Bumping this so more people see it smile

jcdoh Thu 06-Feb-14 22:55:01

hi nanapug I hope to make it on 15 feb waterstones café 11 am

but this is my grandsons 21st --though he does live in new Orleans usa, which is 6 hrs behind us! so shouldn't be a problem,
but I am very deaf; which may not thrill you --when in need of easy chat? though I do hope we will manage after a few moments to get used to your voices.

call me jjaccee ok

jcdoh Thu 06-Feb-14 23:03:42

hi yogagran I take it that you like yoga ? my daughter lives in h/heath on perrymount rd , she too is a nana with grandson; but as yet has not joined our group;
I will suggest it to her again!

nanapug Fri 07-Feb-14 14:48:36

Hi jcdoh, so glad you think you can make the meet up. I am sure we will all manage to chat. Looking forward to meeting you. Don't forget to hand a scarf on your bag so we can identify each other!!

Lindylooby Fri 07-Feb-14 15:13:47

Jcdoh, really looking forward to seeing you in Bluewater. Anyone else in Kent or Essex who would like to join us? Really hope we can get a couple more to join our merry little group, especially if you like cake!

nanapug Fri 07-Feb-14 20:08:46

Ha ha, don't tell them about the cakes Lindy, that's our secret ;)

Lindylooby Fri 07-Feb-14 20:47:49

wink

NannaAnna Sat 08-Feb-14 00:16:00

Hi jcdoh - as the editor of the West Sussex local site I would love you to give your daughter a nudge in our direction smile
We do seem to be very thin on the ground down in the South East unfortunately, but a small select group would be a great start for a meet-up grin

yogagran we've had a forum post from a new member in Haywards Heath - Babs123 - who is keen to meet others.
gratefulgran54 is also close to H.Heath. Perhaps we could get a small meet-up arranged soon?
Here's her post: local.gransnet.com/forums/west-sussex/local-active

I've not been best placed recently due to family commitments to focus on arranging a meet-up, but there's nothing to stop anyone else taking it on.

Apologies for hijacking the Bluewater meet up thread. Hope you ladies have a successful one!
Anna.

nanapug Tue 11-Feb-14 18:00:52

Any one else? You know you want to ;)

jcdoh Fri 14-Feb-14 18:40:01

hi NannaAnna

HI there, my daughter is not well just now , not sure as yet what ails her; but I know she is feeling bored at times , so more friends would be good; she enjoys scrap booking, and used to have friends round for this at previous home; though right now she is between homes so to speak,

she enjoys life with her husband; daughter and grand son; is 5`2" likes country walks , I will ask her again !

NannaAnna Sat 15-Feb-14 01:09:56

Hi again jcdoh Sorry to hear that your daughter is not well. It could well help her to get in touch with some mid-Sussex Gransnetters. At the moment yogagran is trying to get a meet-up organised. She's started a thread here:
www.gransnet.com/forums/meetups/1204667-West-Sussex-Haywards-Heath-or-Burgess-Hill-meet-up

Lindylooby Thu 20-Feb-14 20:37:08

Evening nanapug, and jcdoh. Unfortunately, I have been called on for babysitting duties on 15th March so need to leave Bluewater by 1pm. Is it ok to just have a coffee and chat? X

nanapug Fri 21-Feb-14 11:48:06

Hi Lindy, no probs as i have an opticians appointment that afternoon too (thought it sense while I was over there) so as long as you can still make the coffee meet up that is great. Hope you can still make it for coffee jcdoh?

desertmum Wed 26-Feb-14 08:25:09

Hi, I hope to be there too. Not been to Bluewater before so a chance to visit and do some shopping too!

nanapug Wed 26-Feb-14 15:51:31

That is great desertmum, we will look forward to seeing you. Don't forget to put your scarf on your handbag for ease of identification!!

Lindylooby Thu 27-Feb-14 22:00:38

Ewwww, looks like we are going to have a party......remember your scarves on handbags ladies!

Carolebarrel Sun 02-Mar-14 14:02:41

I'd love to try and make it to the Bluewater event - my first. I will only be able to stay for an hour as I will be on my travels from Essex to visit family in Hants. Things seem pretty quiet on the Essex front, which is a shame. Thanks for arranging ladies.

Carolebarrel Sun 02-Mar-14 14:04:15

I didn't mean arranging ladies. I meant arranging, ladies! Big difference!