Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT

(18 Posts)
Jan12345 Fri 06-Apr-18 14:10:14

Hi I am on femoston 2/10 and have a monthly bleed I am going on holiday shortly and wanted 2 know if anyone knows how I can bring my period forward a week my doctor did explain how to delay it but I am on the stage on the packet where I will still get a period while away , so I am trying to see if there's a way I can bring it forward slightly so on can have a holiday without the period

Welshwife Fri 06-Apr-18 15:24:33

Can you not just continue taking the pills with no break to delay it? I would ask the doctor or go to a family plann8ng sort of clinic and ask.

Charleygirl Fri 06-Apr-18 15:28:43

Your pharmacist will know.

Jan12345 Fri 06-Apr-18 15:51:15

I take them without a break anyway the 1st 14 tablets are oestradiol only then the next 14 days are oestradiol and dydrogesterone together was wondering if it would work if I stopped the tablets a couple of days before the end of packet then started the other packet if that would work, that's what i am trying to find.d out my doctor is not available now for me to ask before I go away

Jan12345 Mon 09-Apr-18 13:31:01

Just been 2 ask pharmacy and they don't know and my doctor who I see for the hurt is away so I'm still trying to find a solution so any suggestions would be great

humptydumpty Mon 09-Apr-18 13:35:10

Is there no GP at your surgery who can advise you? It shouldn't need to be your regular GP.

cornergran Mon 09-Apr-18 13:37:32

Is there another GP in your surgery you could speak to? Otherwise is there a forum for users of femoston? If so the answer could be there but in your place I think I’d prefer to hear from a doctor, just me being cautious.

Jan12345 Mon 09-Apr-18 14:36:44

I've tried ringing doctors but they advised me to speak to my doctor who deals with my hrt I need to try and find out by tomorrow for this to work for me , usually I can get most of my answers on here but can't seem to find the answer for this one

Button32 Fri 25-Jan-19 23:22:26

Hi everyone I'm 55 had a full hyst 4 years ago . I've had and having every menopause Strom there is and was wondering weather to try hrt. I can only have oestregen only . Been reading up alot mixed reviews . Any advice please . Thank you x

Tangerine Fri 25-Jan-19 23:33:24

Ask at Boots. They're always very helpful.

Sunnysideup Tue 29-Jan-19 19:58:14

Hi Button32, the best person to ask is of course your GP. In the meantime I suggest you go on the forum Menopause Matters. There are a lot of very knowledgeable ladies on there and a great deal of information. Just type it into Google and away you go!

JoJoBasile Sun 10-Feb-19 12:22:29

Docs just put me on Ellestre Solo HRT, is it okay to take with St John Wort? I read it speads up the metabolism.....

nannysan Sun 17-Feb-19 22:37:38

Hi, I am 53 and over the past year or so I have been experiencing night sweats, anxiety, brain fog, achy joints, mood swings, hair loss just the name a few of my symptoms. I have been struggling with making the decision to give HRT a go. But last week I finally decided to go and speak to my GP about it. She suggested that I give it a go. she has prescribed me Elleste Duet 1mg tablets. I started taking it yesterday so really early days. I just wanted to ask if anyone on here is on this one and what their experience of it is?

Button32 Tue 26-Feb-19 00:22:43

I'm thinking going on hrt . It would have to be eastrogen only . Any advise ladies . I don't want to put weight on lol thanks in advance x

Allsaints55 Mon 08-Apr-19 23:34:04

Hi nanny San . I am 60 years old and have been on elleste duet 2mg for 8 years . I have felt great on it with no menopause symptoms at all . .. until I try to come off it . I thought I should as all advice says so after 60 and 2mg is high dose ? All hot sweats , anxiety, bad sleep , lack of energy etc etc come back as I try to stop the tablets gradually. I’m down to 5 instead of 7 tablets a week . I worry about stroke risk etc otherwise I would take it for ever !! So my advice to nanny San is it is great and all symptoms should disappear although I did need 2mg . But be aware if you stop those symptoms will return . It got me though my 50’s though ?. Would welcome any advice on whether I’m doing the right thing coming off now

Nannievonny Mon 15-Apr-19 21:14:35

Hi i am 56 been postmenopausal for 3 years and now doctor as put me on hrt i have been on them a month and symptoms of sleepness nights night sweets aching calfs are still present and now i have started to bleed after 3 years is this normal

Volvariella Tue 07-May-19 20:49:21

It's normal to bleed during the first 6 months of starting HRT when post-menopausal. This should settle - has it done so yet? What type have you been given - your sweats etc have hopefully diminished by now?

MrsMak Sun 12-May-19 11:17:32

Good morning. I’m brand new to this forum. I am about to embark on HRT. I’m a non smoker and rarely drink alcohol. Except when I go on holiday. Then I drink 2-4 drinks every day. If I start taking HRT prior to my holiday, should I stop when I actually go away? Just reading about HRT and breast cancer increased with alcohol. Hope this all makes sense!