Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT worries, raging anxiety.

(5 Posts)
pollyanna1962 Wed 07-Nov-18 13:43:53

This is my first ever post so please be gentle. Basically I've had issues with my Evorel Conti causing old blood spotting monthly since starting it 18 months ago. I had a hysteroscopy a year ago but it wasn't enough sample but the Dr left it as I was only 0.2mm over threshold and he thought it was the HRT. I cut my patch in half and it stopped for 4 months then increased again and it started again, my GP thought messing with dosage was the cause. I'm happy with a patch and don't care about the spotting but my anxiety goes through roof each month that it does it and it is like a cycle sore boobs the works only this month I'm under horrendous stress and its worse than ever so I'm panicking again big time. My daughter is late pregnancy with big issues I'm losing sleep with hospital night emergency visits and wonder if my body is coming out in sympathy with hers as my pains are a mild version of hers. or is that a stupid idea. As I say please be kind.

Teetime Wed 07-Nov-18 14:26:35

pollyanna162 there are lots of us here who have at least some of you experience so dont worry I'm sure some helpful advice will be right along. For my part I would say back to the GP for a start and perhaps write this all down before you go as you tend to forget what you want to say when you are anxious. I found that when I was anxious I also gave myself the hardest time trying to be perfect at everything and refusing to rest and let things go - if this is you give yourself a break! I also found that I do/did like a glass of wine or two or three and this made my symptoms far worse. Although I didn't want to I had to come off HRT in the end and I dreaded it but it hasn't been too bad after all. I hope you can get some more helpful suggestions and support on here and that you start feeling better soon and the baby arrives as it should.

paddyann Wed 07-Nov-18 14:36:30

I think the stress wont help.I'm on evorel conti too and I've always bled but it stopped all the other horirble menopause symptoms that were ruining my life.I've recently lost a fair bit of weight and I saw my gynaecologist yesterday as my spotting was bad ,he says the hrt will need adjusting BUT not to do it myself .He took blood tests and did the usual scans external and internal and decided theres nothing to worry about.So I'll leave it and see if it stops of its own accord or if when my tests come back he recalls me for new HRT .Try to find other ways to relax ,some guided meditation or yoga and that will ease the stress that amplifies everything .I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well and she has a quick and easy delivery and a healthy baby.Take care .

TerriBull Wed 07-Nov-18 14:37:13

Sorry pollyanna, particularly about the worry with your daughterflowers Anxiety is definitely a symptom of the menopause, I should be through it now but still have some. The trouble with anxiety is that it's self perpetuating and eventually worriers, I know I'm one, see worst case scenarios around every corner, believe me you are not alone. I was on Evorel Conti patches and had something akin to a very heavy period so decided to stop because I felt the benefits didn't outweigh the small advantage, in my case getting a better night's sleep, I am back to tossing and turning in the early hours.

Once your grandchild arrives, I'm sure you will feel better and hope you have many happy times with her or him.

pollyanna1962 Wed 07-Nov-18 17:02:04

Thank you #Teetime, #paddyann and #TerriBull for your kind replies. I am trying really hard to be calm but lost sleep as we all know makes anxiety so much worse.
I don't want to come off HRT as its for my bones as I don't want bone drugs so I need to make it work