Gransnet forums

Menopause

Help!!!

(9 Posts)
Brandybna Sat 23-Feb-19 20:24:23

So this is my 4th month on bioidentical progesterone creme. My dr told me I was in the stages of perimenopause. I had my levels checked and my estrogen was good, my vitamin d was around 20 something and my progesterone was low. I’ve been keeping a record of things and this is the 3rd month that ive been keeping a record and around this time i experience terrible anxiety, mood swings, fatigue and weakness and just feeling run down. Does anyone else have this trouble? I had a hysterectomy in 2012 but kept one ovary so I’m not in complete menopause but my ovary is showing signs of declining. I feel like some days I’m barely making it and then last week was a great week. Can anyone help me out here??? ??????

B9exchange Fri 01-Mar-19 14:22:29

I'm sorry no-one has answered this for you, and I am not going to be much help either, I'm afraid. I too have had a hysterectomy with ovary retention and went into full menopause three years later. Have been on HRT ever since, and it has transformed my life, now have to use Vagifem as well. Perhaps go back to your GP with your diary and ask to try something else? I wish you a more stable life soon.

Framilode Fri 01-Mar-19 17:50:00

The only thing that will really work is HRT. Read the latest info on it and you will see that the scare stories have been disproved. I have been on it 32 years and it has made life worth living.

RosieLeah Sat 02-Mar-19 07:01:04

Our bodies still seem to go through a monthly cycle, even when the menopause is over. I know I seemed to feel generally 'down' at the time when a period would normally start, even long after they had stopped.

Muttimama Thu 15-Aug-19 22:51:19

Anyone out there experienced a prolapse? Haven’t seen it mentioned any where. Today had a rectal one and v worried now! Will ring GP on the morning but not looking forward to what might happen or be happening...help!

crazyH Thu 15-Aug-19 22:59:51

Multimama, are you referring to haemorrhoids? This is a common complaint but you are doing the right thing, i.e. seeing your GP. There are creams you can use and most probably , he will prescribe one of them for you. Good luck !

Muttimama Fri 16-Aug-19 08:22:47

Thanks for the reassurance CrazyH. I’ve had haemorrhoids before but nothing like this. I’m ringing the doc!

Muttimama Fri 16-Aug-19 12:34:40

Thank goodness, he thinks it’s haemorrhoids. You were right crazyH! It’s funny how embarrassing complaints become really huge in your mind and you imagine all sorts- unless you tell a professional. Much the best thing to do. Though i’m Surprised there are no prolapse threads on here given it’s quite common in Grans. Could do with a recommendation for a pelvic floor exercises book!

silverlining48 Fri 16-Aug-19 13:13:30

Google it Mutti or speak to the doctor. Good luck.