Gransnet forums

Menopause

Have you had to travel abroad to get your HRT?

(5 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:02:38

Hello, we know a few of you have said you have had to travel to Spain/France etc in order to get your HRT. We have been contacted by a journalist who wants to get to the bottom of the shortage and is looking for a case study.
If this has happened to you and you are happy to be interviewed about it, please do let us know.
Alternatively if you know someone who has had to do this please ask them to get in touch at [email protected] or message me directly.
They are looking to speak to someone asap.

Thanks
GNHQ

Hotmama Tue 03-Dec-19 11:35:38

Hi there, yes, I went to Tenerife and got my Estradot 50mcg as I had tried 11 local pharmacies and also on line. I was able to buy them with no problem after showing my prescription. It so happens I was going there on holiday anyway which was fortunate!

Fennel Tue 03-Dec-19 11:36:08

I don't know if this is relevant - some HRT products you can buy online. When living in France I couldn't get Vagifem . At first had it posted from England, then online from a company in New Zealand. Then they tightened up the rules on online pharmacies and the NZ company lost its license.
After all that, found that there was an equivalent available in France (thanks to Mamie on here.) But there were sometimes shortages there too, for various reasons.
It seems to depend on which HRT you need.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 03-Dec-19 12:03:33

Thanks both. I'll message you. smile

jura2 Wed 04-Dec-19 14:55:34

Why concentrate on HRT, which is most cases is not a life and death medicine. Why not ask about epipens, and insulin, etc?