Gransnet forums

Menopause

Libido & the Ladycare magnet

(30 Posts)
NanaMouse Sat 05-Sep-20 11:54:02

Hi Ladies

I just wondered if anyone has used the Ladycare magnet and found it improved their libido. Mine has totally vanished with the menopause!

Other than that I suffer with fatigue and struggle to concentrate, so also interested if it’s helped in these areas too.

Thanks ?

BlueBelle Sat 05-Sep-20 12:58:35

Are you a new poster Nanamouse ?

EllanVannin Sat 05-Sep-20 13:02:18

No answer, came the firm reply ! Dodgy.

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 13:05:51

A friend used one of these magnets, found herself attached to a supermarket trolley.

NanaMouse Sat 05-Sep-20 13:10:30

BlueBelle yes, I stumbled across grans net.com this morning. ?
I did see there was an old thread from 2017, but thought I needed to start a new one. I hope that was ok? ?

Grannynannywanny Sat 05-Sep-20 13:11:12

I was alarmed to read the magnet had “totally vanished”. Is a spare magnet needed to retrieve the first one? ? ?

Alegrias Sat 05-Sep-20 13:12:18

I just read the original thread on the Ladycare magnet and it did make me laugh! I see that the official page from Gransnet is trying to be balanced and that there is a warning that counterfeit versions can have adverse effects. confused What, worse than getting attached to the Morrison's trolley?

A company I worked for was approached by a person who said that he had developed a magnet that increased fuel consumption on cars. That didn't work either smile

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 13:21:39

Alegrias any chance of a link? Find the search function on GN pretty useless!

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 13:23:17

P.A to above post, why would anyone think that increasing fuel consumption was a good idea? confused

Alegrias Sat 05-Sep-20 13:28:38

www.gransnet.com/forums/menopause/1238183-Ladycare-magnet-for-menopause-symptoms

phoenix, sorry, I meant improving fuel capacity, my mistake. I didn't check before I posted.

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 16:39:03

Easily done, Alegrias and thank you for providing the link smile

BlueBelle Sat 05-Sep-20 17:33:10

What’s fuel consumption got to do with a magnet up your whatsit

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 17:43:11

BlueBelle I think you may be a bit confuddled! Read back a bit, it might help. smile

GagaJo Sat 05-Sep-20 17:50:32

Not libido, but a friend swore by hers for helping with her hot flushes.

trisher Sat 05-Sep-20 17:57:04

It's a bit late for me, but I do wonder wouldn't it make your pants/tights fall down if you are wearing a skirt?

NanaMouse Sat 05-Sep-20 18:07:44

Thanks everyone, kinda answers I was expecting tbh.
I need to explore my options for hormone replacement I think. sad
If anyone has any tips to help with anxiety & lack of concentration, I’m all ears.

?

janeainsworth Sat 05-Sep-20 18:22:41

Have you had your thyroid checked Nanamouse?
It might be wise to try a routine blood test before assuming you might be helped with a strategically-positioned magnet.

Chewbacca Sat 05-Sep-20 18:33:07

A magnet, to shove in the nether regions, that is supposed to improve libido? Not wishing to be too graphic here but if you've got one of these in the doofer, wouldn't that be a little....... erm...... uncomfortable for your partner? confused

phoenix Sat 05-Sep-20 19:18:42

Oh Chewbacca do keep up!

Chewbacca Sat 05-Sep-20 19:28:54

wink

BlueBelle Sat 05-Sep-20 19:32:27

If two women were using them would they get drawn to one another ???

Chewbacca Sat 05-Sep-20 20:11:02

Possibly BlueBelle. Or repelled! grin

sparklingsilver28 Sat 05-Sep-20 20:19:43

phoenix

A friend used one of these magnets, found herself attached to a supermarket trolley.

That happened to me, I was stuck to the fridge! Cannot say I noticed any thing regarding libido. But then it never did interest me thank goodness.

NanaMouse Sat 05-Sep-20 21:58:55

janeainsworth

Have you had your thyroid checked Nanamouse?
It might be wise to try a routine blood test before assuming you might be helped with a strategically-positioned magnet.

No I haven’t. Thanks for the suggestion, I am assuming my symptoms are all down to the menopause. thanks

NanaMouse Sat 05-Sep-20 22:01:01

Chewbacca

A magnet, to shove in the nether regions, that is supposed to improve libido? Not wishing to be too graphic here but if you've got one of these in the doofer, wouldn't that be a little....... erm...... uncomfortable for your partner? confused

smile grin