Gransnet forums

Menopause

Peri help!?

(8 Posts)
CafeAuLait Mon 12-Apr-21 22:44:11

Mama143

CafeAuLait, I really hope all goes WELL at your 2nd appt! It does sound like what you mentioned. It helps so much to have other ladies who have been through similar things! To me, that's golden. I appreciate your replies!!

Thank you :-)

Good luck with your appointment too. It's probably nothing but always good to make sure.

Mama143 Mon 12-Apr-21 18:42:42

CafeAuLait, I really hope all goes WELL at your 2nd appt! It does sound like what you mentioned. It helps so much to have other ladies who have been through similar things! To me, that's golden. I appreciate your replies!!

Mama143 Mon 12-Apr-21 18:38:09

Thanks so very much for your replies!! So very helpful. Calling my GP today! Thanks!!!

CafeAuLait Mon 12-Apr-21 07:42:37

Oh - and to answer your question. Yes, you should call your doctor to get checked out.

CafeAuLait Mon 12-Apr-21 07:41:46

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I'm a similar age and had an ultrasound as a result. I have some duct ectasia apparently. Very common, especially around this stage, and a benign condition. It doesn't increase your chance of breast cancer either. I didn't have the nipple discharge but it can be a sign of what I mentioned. Google duct ectasia.

I have asked for a second opinion and am seeing a breast doctor tomorrow. Getting very nervous.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 12-Apr-21 07:14:45

I should add that GPs these days just send everyone with those symptoms to a Consultant, quite rightly.
Your problems might indeed me Peri Menopausal, but they will want to check.

My problems turned out to be an old age ‘ thing’ , but it was a relief to get it confirmed and my GP just referred me, we have a ‘2 week wait ‘ policy for anything that might possibly be Cancer, no matter how unlikely.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 12-Apr-21 07:10:52

Phone your GP today, they should get you a hospital appointment, in our area it’s within 2 weeks at the Breast Cancer Clinic, they will give you an examination, a Mammogram and an ultra sound, don’t be alarmed it’s standard practice and will rule out anything untoward.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Mama143 Mon 12-Apr-21 03:25:39

Hello! I'm new & I THANK YOU for reading my post. I'm a 47yo having what I'm wondering are some perimenopause symptoms. I had sharp & intense pains in my right nipple on Friday. It lasted most of the day, but was gone yesterday when I woke up. Twinges off & on today. I've been leaking off & on from both breasts, but mainly the right one. I have pain around to my back as well as the collarbone area. No lumps or anything like that. I keep leaning towards my hormones being the cause. Did any of you experience this? Should I call my Dr? Or just let it go?