Gransnet forums

Menopause

im going insane please help

(29 Posts)
asd123 Sun 14-Nov-21 23:25:44

Please does any one have any advice for me,im having the worst menopause ever.My ability to tolerate people has gone out the window ,things i would normally keep in my head i find myself saying out loud especially to my DH,im irritable snappy.anxious,angry,paranoid stressed not sleeping getting three or four hours at the most.
I have lost all zest for life and cant see anything to be happy about,I have been to doctors who prescribed Hrt patch and pill they helped at first especially with the hot flushes but not so much now,i also have terrible brain fog i forget names etc and my knees chesst and legs ache and the thing im most depressed about i have put weight on stomach and legs and cannot shift it despite trying hard,i cant take anymore,whats happened to me i used to be happy funny smiley

Esspee Wed 16-Feb-22 11:39:45

Mine

Morning ladies...Seen GP this morning regarding my horrid vaginal burning & pain....After examination and lots of questions GP suggested oestrogen pesseries...Exactly as you said ESSPEE...So glad I posted on this site....Thanks ladies for your suggestions...Much appreciated

I am so glad you are now happily getting treatment.

If you have a daughter approaching the menopause do tell her to look into taking HRT as that helps you avoid Vaginal Atrophy and the other debilitating long term effects of the menopause such as incontinence, osteoporosis and prolapse.

Farzanah Wed 16-Feb-22 13:28:30

Esspee ?

Esspee Wed 16-Feb-22 20:15:43

Granmarderby10

Out of curiosity and because there was a massive tape measure to hand and a soon to be decorated wall I measured my height and was quite astonished - nay horrified!

I was 5ft 4in I’m now 5ft 2 ?

That is an easy way to diagnose the start of osteoporosis Granmarderby10. Every woman of 50 or over should measure themselves once a year. (I do it around my birthday) If you are shrinking have a chat with your GP as the farther advanced your bone loss before treatment is started the more difficult it is to replace bone mass.