Gransnet forums

Menopause

Has cutting out coffee helped anyone ?

(9 Posts)
Serendipity22 Sat 04-Mar-23 19:51:54

Im up queer street with all this menopause ( still waiting for blood tests to confirm ) I am 58 years old.

So here is the core reason for me cutting out coffee..... anxiety

I have read that caffeine in your system can lead to anxiety in the menopause, so Ive cut coffee out in the hope this helps, plus I have been doing breathing exercises at the same time as don't laugh ( πŸ˜„ 😁 ) clenching my bottom in ( i read it in 1 of the 1,000000000 links I've read on How to help with anxiety.

Sooooo far its working or is it the fact I've stopped the caffeine?

You see why I find myself up Queer Street !!!

πŸ˜• πŸ€”

Whiff Sat 11-Mar-23 05:32:34

Don't know about cutting out coffee for menopausal symptoms but stopped my heart palpitations. Haven't drunk it for 7 years. Had total hysterectomy 26 years ago on HRT for 16 years and had to come off it. Still have hot flushes night and day sweats but while not pleasant I can live with them. 64 now my nan still had them into her mid 80's and yet my mom never had any.

BigBertha1 Sat 11-Mar-23 06:13:57

Didn't work for me but reducing alcohol did.

Ro60 Sat 11-Mar-23 07:47:59

Watching with interest. Does make sense, but hoping it's not -
love my coffee. 3 - 4 cups (mugs) a day.

Serendipity22 Mon 13-Mar-23 17:12:10

Well....cutting out the coffee certainly hasn't done a thing in preventing anxiety/panic attacks ( had 1 while my friend was here for the night !!!!)

So I can scrub THAT idea off the list !!

πŸ˜”

Oreo Mon 13-Mar-23 17:18:54

Am a similar age as you OP and have cut out normal coffee due to hot flushes and palpitations.Now only drink decaf coffee once a day, and so much better.πŸ˜ƒ

Oreo Mon 13-Mar-23 17:19:41

Oh and I only have decaf tea as well.

Shelmiss Mon 13-Mar-23 17:21:49

There’s no way I could cut out coffee, I love the stuff! I’ve recently changed my HRT and it’s been so much better that I now have no palpitations and can still have my 4/5 cups of Nespresso a day. Hurrah! grin

Hetty58 Mon 13-Mar-23 17:30:34

I expect it helps some people - but not others, so it's worth a try. I got through it (feeling weird, of course) with no cutting out of anything - and no HRT. We're all different and some of us don't have anxiety.