Gransnet forums

Menopause

Ladycare magnet for menopause symptoms

(34 Posts)
Leesa Sun 02-Jul-17 00:10:08

Does it work ladies?
Just been on the website and it promises a great deal including weight loss....I am very tempted smile

--

Hello. This thread is a little old now. Take a look at our round-up of gransnetters' advice on the LadyCare menopause magnet page - with a handy guide to whether it's right for you - for more up-to-date advice. GNHQ.

Grannyknot Sun 02-Jul-17 07:29:23

A magnet will make you lose weight?! Leesa were you dreaming at 00:10? smile

Welcome to GN if you're new.

paddyann Sun 02-Jul-17 11:58:45

I heard a lot of great stuff about these magnets so I bought one.To be honest I spent more time fishing it out of toilets than anything else.Maybe it was just my pants it didn't like as other folk seem to have good results with it.Sadly I gave up after a few weeks and no help with my symptoms.

Leesa Sun 02-Jul-17 16:48:34

lol Grannyknot-ever hopeful me smile
My sister has just got one and said they help with hot flushes!
I looked on their website and they say regarding weight loss and they say "Weight reduction
Our studies indicate that LadyCare could help with menopausal weight gain, caused as a result of water retention and bloating. In a study with 509 women, 99 lost an average of 14lbs"
Well....hmm
I have small hips so am apple shaped and my tummy makes me size 18 if tum went down I would only be 14 so you can see why I am tempted. It is also supposed to help with sleep,energy etc

phoenix Sun 02-Jul-17 16:54:59

When I had a proper, serious job, a colleague had one of these, I remember a few hilarious moments at help yourself buffets in certain hotels, where the cutlery attached itself to hergrin

She also once had a very intense, but short lived relationship with a trolley in Morrison's confused

grannysue05 Sun 02-Jul-17 17:08:42

What on earth is it?
I take it that it is worn internally as paddyann had to fish hers out of numerous toilets!!!
If its a magnet, how exactly does it help menopausal (i.e. hormonal) symptoms ?
I am intrigued.

shysal Sun 02-Jul-17 17:23:31

I used to have one. Surprise, surprise! it did nothing! A friend swore hers had helped so it was worth a try.
grannysue it is not worn internally, it attaches to the front of your pants with a magnet.
www.ladycare-uk.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjws-LKBRDCk9v6_cnBgjISJAADkzXexubxq9ipIMYiT3USGX8dse_3VnOQsLAlsnuRPTp6jBoCu4bw_wcB

shysal Sun 02-Jul-17 17:27:24

Phoenix you do make me laugh!!!grin

Leesa Fri 07-Jul-17 22:29:32

Well I have one so we will see smile
I have worn it for two days and seem to have slept better but only time will tell.
I will feedback from time to time.

MamaCaz Sat 08-Jul-17 06:51:35

If it attaches to the front of our pants with a magnet, do they assume that we are wearing heavy metal ( no, not the musical ones, before anyone asks grin) chastity belts? Actually, given my loss of labido as a result of the menopause, maybe that's the way to go grin

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 08-Jul-17 14:33:53

I tried one very briefly - after getting (briefly) welded to the handle of the kitchen cupboard I stopped and haven't needed it since so not bothered

valeriej43 Sun 09-Jul-17 21:10:47

My sister told me about these, mainly bevause her daughter and mine are both going through the menopause and suffering, she had only seen it on an ad somewhere, but sounds as if it could cause problems with anything metal

Ana Sun 09-Jul-17 21:20:38

Imagine strap-hanging on the tube next to a man with a metal belt buckle...shock

Ana Sun 09-Jul-17 21:21:28

(quite a shortish man, obviously...)

NannyKasey Fri 21-Jul-17 20:36:02

I lost mine down the toilet at work. sad. It decided to detach itself just as I was flushing grin. I didn't get another one

Jackiesue Sun 23-Jul-17 17:32:55

I had one of these magnets. Got stuck to the tesco trolley a few times. Other than that it didn't work at all for me. Everyones unique of course but I've done everything to alleviate my menopause symptoms including acupuncture and nothing works, so I've succumbed to HRT. Thank god for it, I'm normal again. ;-)

Nannacat Tue 03-Oct-17 17:14:50

I have had my ladycare plus magnet since June 2017 my hot flushes started November 2016 and was having up to 12/14 flushes a day . I wear it 24/7 and have found it works for me I have 2/3 in evening no night sweats ( touch wood ) I have also found it helped with my daily anxiety and with that it has helped with my IBS . I had left it off a couple days whilst on holiday and flushes returned but popped back on and all good ! Worked for me .

midgey Tue 03-Oct-17 21:58:44

I have to go and read up on these now!

Volvariella Sat 07-Oct-17 20:46:43

Really don't bother midgey - it's a complete con by the manufacturers! So glad you are feeling better Nannacat but it's coincidence or placebo.

Elegran Sat 07-Oct-17 22:13:45

In this "Evidence-based review of therapies at the menopause, . . . the highest level of scientific evidence available for each therapy for menopausal symptoms was sought, for example, systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials (RCTs)."

and the conclusion reached was that

"No complementary medicine, for example, phytoestrogens, black cohosh, herbal or homeopathic medicines or complementary therapies, for example, acupuncture, yoga, chiropractic manipulation, reflexology or magnetic devices have a greater effect than the usual placebo effect seen in quality blinded RCTs."
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1744-1609.2009.00133.x/abstract

It seems that it works by suggestion, like many placebos.

Menopaws Sun 08-Oct-17 00:11:22

Mine attached itself to the inside of an ice making machine at work but you only lose weight if you get a heavy one that weighs your arm down so you can't reach the cupboard

storynanny Sun 08-Oct-17 02:02:42

It was a load of rubbish, complete waste of money. Mine managed to get stuck to my husbands back one night when I wore it to bed! He was a bit concerned he would grow boobs!!!

seacliff Sun 08-Oct-17 07:53:42

Chuckles at the image re supermarket trolley

Nannacat Sun 08-Oct-17 22:03:12

It could be placebo effect but like I say it works for me . Any things worth a try when you have those tropical moments !

Elegran Mon 09-Oct-17 12:13:51

If it works for you, then go for it. If it doesn't work for someone else, they don't have to do it.