Gransnet forums

News & politics

Mother on death row in Sudanese jail.

(133 Posts)
gillybob Fri 30-May-14 09:25:15

I am so angry, frustrated and sad. What can we do to help this poor, beautiful young woman?

Why is the world Muslim community not speaking out?

angry sad

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643466/First-picture-death-row-mother-baby-gave-birth-shackled-Sudanese-jail-authorities-announce-receive-100-LASHES-execution-marrying-Christian.html

Galen Wed 25-Jun-14 15:32:16

hmm

Soutra Wed 25-Jun-14 16:37:38

I consider myself well and truly chastised for not posting on this tragic cat amd mouse scenario, but you know sunseeker it is just possible that people were busy not that they don't care.. However I will write out 100 times
I need to post on all serious subjects at least twice a day
I need to post "" "" "" "" "" "" "" " """ "" "" grin

JessM Wed 25-Jun-14 18:29:39

Soutra are you taking the hump upon yourself in competition with jingle? grin
Anyway.... here is something to cheer you up folks, in case you missed it:
www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/23/female-genital-mutilation-muslim-council-britain-unislamic-condemn

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 25-Jun-14 18:32:44

That is really good. Hope it helps to stamp the practice out once and for all.

Nelliemoser Wed 25-Jun-14 19:51:56

It is an excellent start to get this statement, but FGM has as far as I know never been just an Islamic practice.
It was a cultural and tribal practice throughout a lot of the North African continent before Christianity or Islam arrived.

So I hope other non Muslim communities in the area will get the message that this is unacceptable.

annodomini Fri 27-Jun-14 11:06:38

Latest news is that she and her family are safe in the US embassy. Let's hope that they can get them out to America very soon.

rosequartz Fri 27-Jun-14 11:23:44

Oh, so relieved and I hope they can get to the USA without further incident and live safely and happily there.

It was horrifying to read that they had been arrested at the airport, including the children, one of whom is only a month old.