Gransnet forums

News & politics

*DURHAMGEN FOR PM ??*

(246 Posts)
gangy5 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:07:09

I come and go on Gransnet and have just returned after a break to find some really interesting topics. durhamjen is so up there with all the facts and must do such a lot of reading. She knows just how to put her finger on relevant information which is very useful to us all on here. She's evidently a driven woman - ideal for the above post. whitewave would make an admirable deputy.

Galen Wed 06-Apr-16 19:06:04

Ministry of health or social security for me.

whitewave Wed 06-Apr-16 19:08:24

I fancy arts and culture - just think of all the freebees!

grumppa Wed 06-Apr-16 19:25:55

In fairness to mediaeval masterbuilders, I should point out that it's that bit of Victorian tat the Palace of Westminster that's falling down, not Westminster Hall.

Move Parliament elsewhere in the country would and that happy region would be blessed with all the MPs, peers, lobbyists etc. Any volunteers?

grumppa Wed 06-Apr-16 19:27:44

Sorry, delete first would. Predictive text tried to turn all the into Allah. This is a bit scary!

Nandalot Wed 06-Apr-16 20:09:32

Re failing A level maths being a barrier to being Chancellor, I understand our present Chancellor only has O level maths.

merlotgran Wed 06-Apr-16 20:10:23

You being groomed, grumppa? grin

NotTooOld Wed 06-Apr-16 20:17:34

OMG predictive text is being taken over by ISIS do you reckon?

PS When you've sorted out who's going to be Prime Minister can I be Business Secretary, please?

NotTooOld Wed 06-Apr-16 20:18:39

Nandalot - is that true? Only 0 level maths? No wonder the country's going to the dogs.

whitewave Wed 06-Apr-16 20:19:58

Blimey * not* that's a can of worms at the moment.

NotTooOld Wed 06-Apr-16 20:32:54

Whitewave - I'm itching to get the steel workers sorted and to get manufacturing going again in this country. Should take only a few e-mails, couple of meetings, maybe a business trip or too...............grin

whitewave Wed 06-Apr-16 20:50:39

Don't forget to take your daughter and a back of an envelope and you are sorted?

Jalima Wed 06-Apr-16 21:19:30

Secretary of State for Health Galen

I reckon between us all we could get this country sorted out. grin

Anniebach Wed 06-Apr-16 22:46:43

So I have , more in common with .george than thought

Jalima, you for chancellor , I learned my book keeping with ledger and pen , best way

NotTooOld Wed 06-Apr-16 22:57:47

If no-one's volunteered for education, can I take that, too? I reckon I could do a better job than Nicky Whatsername - and I don't look like a rabbit in the headlights, either!

durhamjen Wed 06-Apr-16 23:14:04

Where would we move parliament to, though?
I still fancy York.

daphnedill Wed 06-Apr-16 23:15:28

Redcar. The town could do with some jobs and I'm sure parliament could provide a few.

Anniebach Wed 06-Apr-16 23:21:22

I think it should move to Wales , how about Aberystwyth , always seems to rain there, and the breeze off the sea would ruffle Georgie's hair, if he to remove that hard hat, wonder if he wears it to bed

lynnie1 Wed 06-Apr-16 23:23:33

I didn't think it was a joke tgre

Anniebach Wed 06-Apr-16 23:24:48

If I sgree to accept the position of home Secretary will I need kitten heel shoes and a heaving bosom, I am rather fond of my clogs

lynnie1 Wed 06-Apr-16 23:27:09

So sorry, I admire her principals immensely

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 06-Apr-16 23:35:07

Put me down for Social Security. I worked there long enough to stop money being wasted trying to reinvent the wheel and making the same mistakes on every new project or initiative because some bright young thing thinks they're the first ones to with a particular idea. Let me know if I have to come up with green or white papers on the reforms to persuade you to support my bid for the Cabinet. grin

Anniebach Wed 06-Apr-16 23:38:56

You have my support Wilma, I think we are forming a great government. Who is up for Agriculture?

durhamjen Wed 06-Apr-16 23:45:26

They do have a vegan shadow minister, don't they, so it could be a vegetarian or vegan, as they would show concern for animals.

lynnie1 Wed 06-Apr-16 23:50:06

Don't know much about sheep Annie, but I lived in SA perhaps I could be something to do with diversity ? I have bags of experience of intolerance

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 07-Apr-16 00:00:54

If England is granted it's own parliament, then it could be based in London. The UK parliament could then move to somewhere in the north west of England which would be the region closest to all 4 capital cities in the UK.