Gransnet forums

News & politics

UKIP

(33 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 11-May-16 09:47:54

Neil Hamilton stood for UKIP in the Welsh Assembly election

The leader of UKIP Nigel Farage did not want Hamilton to stand

The leader of UKIP Wales Nathan Gill didn't want him to stand

He did get a seat in the second ballot and saud after the count he and Farage would forget the disagreements . This was Friday

Monday seven UKIP AM's voted for the leader in the assembly - Hamilton won and Nathan Gill is now unsure if he will resign - the leader of the party is always leader in the assembly.

Christine is taking up her position as Neil's secretary !

He is so up on all things Welsh he refers to the Welsh Assembly as the Wales Assembly. Farage is rather angry, Gill is devasted and I think Hamilton will in time get Farage out and himself in as leader of the U.K. UKIP party and a UKIP MP

NotTooOld Wed 11-May-16 20:56:50

Jalima - I suppose with the Hamiltons (funny how you get two Hamiltons for the price of one) they probably need the money. I seem to remember they were skint at the time of that TV programme.

Anniebach Wed 11-May-16 21:55:40

I am rather cross with Plaid, cuddling up to the Tories could cost them support , I have regained respect for Kirsty for not going with UKIP and the Tories . Even if Leanne wins the second vote she will be powerless unless she and her party stay in bed with UKIP and the Tories , what is the point of being first minister , and the stupid woman wants to stay in Europe yet is working with two parties who both have Brexit supporters as leader against the one party leader who supports staying in

Jalima Wed 11-May-16 23:01:32

I seem to remember they were skint at the time of that TV programme
There is 'skint' and skint NotTooOld

JessM Thu 12-May-16 10:04:40

Yes the Hamiltons were £3million up the Khyber as a result of expense of several failed libel cases (see Wikipedia)
Party of English Nationalism? That is what they have mostly appeared to be up til now... sometimes using word England instead of UK.
Welsh lamb carcasses too small for UK supermarkets apparently.
I think there are a lot of people cross with Plaid Annie and yes, it's true, they have no hope of forming a government unless they have the support of Tory AND UKIP.
And they have been going around saying they will not work with them. If they have any sense (and we still don't know if Wood has any sense) they will back off gracefully in the next day or two rather than carrying on embarrassing themselves.
Nathan Gill reputedly drives from N Wales to Brussels to bump up his expense claim. Maybe he's going to have to fly between Cardiff and Brussels in a frantic attempt to be present when needed? If he resigns as AM he will trigger an election I suppose - not sure how that would work. Maybe he thought it would be a handy backup plan if we leave the EU as he would lose his EU salary?If he resigned as MEP e's lost a bigger salary and again I guess it would trigger an election. www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ukips-mep-wales-nathan-gill-7990085

JessM Thu 12-May-16 10:41:28

LOL it's very complicated if they step down...
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36247951

JessM Thu 19-May-16 06:42:25

Neil Hamilton is getting off to an interesting start in his new role as leader of UKIP in the Welsh Assembly. Yesterday he said that Kirsty Williams and Leanne Wood had become political courtesans in Carwen James's harem. This on the floor of the Senedd. We're not used to this kind of sexist abuse in the assembly. The new Presiding Officer is going to consider his words. I hope that she will start her new role by taking firm action. But it just serves to emphasise the nature of Hamilton - he did not know how to behave as an MP and he obviously still does not.

Anniebach Thu 19-May-16 08:35:22

He certainly hasn't the foggiest how members of the Senydd behave, he realy is vile and he is in for a shock if he thinks he can bring that aggressive style from Westminster to Wales