Gransnet forums

News & politics

Theresa May

(36 Posts)
Riverwalk Fri 01-Jul-16 18:47:23

Sorry to start another thread but I think she deserves one of her own!

Just to say that I think she's getting an easy ride - being seen as the safe, solid candidate. Mrs M has been just as politically devious as the rest of them.

All this loads of women, Clinton, Merkel, Sturgeon, May, won't it be wonderful, is rubbish.

She was for Remain but stayed under the radar, just to keep herself out of the fray then jump in as the candidate of reconciliation, experienced pair of hands, not brash or pushy, etc.

I'm not a Tory party member so my vote won't count!

Ana Sat 02-Jul-16 18:41:50

I can't say I've ever noticed Ms Merkel's necklaces - certainly not when she's in 'working' mode! Ms May's kitten heels are another matter entirely though - although I've only ever noticed those because the press goes on and on about them!

daphnedill Sat 02-Jul-16 19:32:07

I don't believe this. Would people go on about what male politicians (or their spouses) wear?

GandTea Sat 02-Jul-16 20:34:32

So long as she wears something in keeping with her position, what the hell does it matter, it's her brain we need.

Anniebach Sat 02-Jul-16 20:40:26

Oh yes Daphne, there was great interest here in Corbyns vest, went on for ages

Iam64 Sat 02-Jul-16 21:05:12

I hope Teresa May is the next Conservative Leader. Tegan is right to say hervlackmofnpopularity with the police is due to the cuts. I don't support the extent of cuts to any of the public services but, I still believe she's Ypres best, or least worse, choice.
Her health seems to me to be her business. She lost a lot of weight after her diagnosis which suggests she is managing the condition well.

whitewave Sat 02-Jul-16 21:07:44

Her voting record makes interesting if not particularly edifying reading

Iam64 Sat 02-Jul-16 21:16:12

Yes but is there a least worse choice ww ? What a mess

whitewave Sun 03-Jul-16 07:55:34

If we had a credible opposition we could call a general election to give people the choice.

Anniebach Sun 03-Jul-16 07:59:08

May is tougher than the men in her party, she did as much plotting during the campaign as Johnson, Gove and Co.

Iam64 Sun 03-Jul-16 11:51:32

Yes ww a credible opposition and a general election would be a positive, shame that if an election is called there is little chance of anything other than five more years of similar assaults on public services.